Strange blotchy red areas on skin…pic attached..help..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Can anyone recognise or tell me what these strange random red skin patches are that keep appearing (then going and returning), mostly torso.

I am suffering with chronic fatigue, chest pressure, spine issues and on/off chest tightness. Possibly hyperthyroidism, thyroiditis .

They dont look normal.

Thanks.image

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They may be related to your possible Hyperthyroidism. Are you having any treatment? Do mention them to your doctor or consultant.

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Are they hives? Blotches like the photo that spontaneously show and take up to day to fade. Also 90% permanent on sides of my neck for a very long time.

I have all the hyperthyroid symptoms but my hormone bloods have previously been what 'nhs' call normal. Recently worsened and effecting my eyes.

I feel dreadful most of the time .

GP's and Endo's shy away.

Diagnosed me years ago with Chronic Fatigue which I have never fully agreed with.

Ive now requested Endo referral and new bloods. Used to have regular checks on atrophied thyroid and micro pituitary adenoma but useless GP stopped them 5 years ago.

Hoping bloods will show enough for Dr's to listen .

• Posted

plz see a derm. noone here is a doctor. it could be a number of things from insect bite to allergy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.