Strange bug bites

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently got 8 bug bites on the center of my chest putting on a shirt. Bug bites are itchy and have reddness. Anyone know what bit me?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Bed bugs? Are they small?

Bed bugs tend to head towards our faces at night because they like the carbon dioxide that we breathe out while sleeping..

Check your bed..under the bed....for black specks.

Do your sheets have any blood stains?

• Posted

I do not ive looked everywhere and im starting to wonder if its even a bug they just keep appearing but no bug have been found anywhere
    • Posted

Bed bugs are not easy to find.  I had an infestation and did not see it until one night I turned on the lights...while I was sleeping and felt something and lifted my pillow and many scattered away.  I was mortified.

I look for the suckers all day long.  And NEVER see them...they hide in small crevices and the wooden frames under matresses.

We emptied our house of carpets, pillows, comfortors...curtains...sheets...used sprays had an inspector....None found after that.

This happened about 1 year ago...the other day I was brushing my teeth and when I leaned in sink....a bed bug fell out of my hair....I had been sitting in the living room in the dark watching TV.

I had moved my sleeping area to the couch when the infestation began until I got a new bed.  I assume the eggs traveled there....I'm hoping you DONT have them......but just sayin...they are not easily seen.

• Posted

Heres the thing my gf sleeps in the same bed as me and she hasnt got any bites though at all but more keep appearing on me. Its strange to say the least
    • Posted

Hi yushan...about 2 weeks before we noticed the bugs....my boyfriend was sleeping in the same bed with me and getting bit like crazy...We didn't know it was the bed.  He was insisting it was....I wasn't getting bit and I told him he was crazy!

That night I woke up and saw those things...I was shocked...its possible he was giving off more carbon dioxide than I and they went after him.  He had moved to the couch and I think when he did..he transferred one or maybe just an egg. 

I came out to couches...as well...we got rid of bed and started calling pest control people and doing research...it was a frigin nightmare.

I hope you don't have them...its just something mysterious about your bites...and if you can't figure out what they are from...I am just suggesting you investigate this.

• Posted

Also bed bugs used to be very common in the 50-60s....part of my parents chores were too clean and vacuum under the beds everyday to minimize the bed bug colonies.

It has been in the US papers that these "bugs" are making a big comeback in places like New York....and I live in Rhode Island and the pest control guy said they get alot of calls about them now.

We are not dirty people...and it is not a signal of that...they came in on a matress...that my son brought in the house....and we weren't aware of it...how they start I have no idea....but they are a HUGE problem.

• Posted

Unusual to get that many in one place. Take anti histamine, check shirt in case hung out and insect got trapped in it.
    • Posted

Took benedryl worked starting to think it might be some sort of allergic reaction

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.