Strange continuing symptoms including kidney pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi! I'm 19 and for the past few years i've been experiencing the same strange symptoms. the main one is 'kidney' pain (it's a dull achy pain deep in both sides of my back below my ribs). it isn't crippling but the pain is enough to make me feel queasy and it's worst when i'm standing up. Another issue i have is seemingly low urine production? i dont go very often and when i do, it takes quite a while to actually pee. both of these symptoms are also alot worse when im on my period, however they are present at other times too. when i was younger, i experienced this horrible unbearable pain that felt like my kidneys were being turned inside out, whenever i needed to wee and held it too long (like more than 5 minutes) - felt almost like an extreme cramp. now what i experience is not as severe but much more of the time.

if it's relevant at all, i'm diagnosed with EDS and have seen my GP about this issue, but he says it's probably just muscular. i would agree if it weren't for the bladder issues too. i have had a few blood tests for checkups on a few things and nothing has ever come back abnormal ๐Ÿ˜•

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? any comments would be greatly appreciated !!

• Wren x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you take drugs or drink alcohol?

• Posted

i don't do drugs and never have done (apart from taking my prescription medications - sertraline and, omeprazole). I only occasionally drink, maybe once every few months, and not enough to get very drunk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.