Strange discharge

Posted , 6 users are following.

for the past day or so ive been having brown vaginal discharge that is concerning for its texture. it carries some powdery debris with it, that almost looks like dirt. Has anyone experienced this before?

it looks similar to this: image

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Its dried blood but the lack of mucus in it is a little odd. I am not a doctor but I wouldnt be too concerned unless it continues for a while.. Brown discharge is normal around the start or end of your period, during menopause or puberty, when starting or changing birth control, during pregnancy, and even intercourse. So lots of things could cause it. Are you in any pain?

• Posted

i am having some vaginal pain but not pelvic or otherwise. its almost like a sharp stringing pain. I recently got off antibiotics for BV a few days ago. So im hoping this is just a side effect

• Posted

wat antibiotics was u prescribed iv tried most for bv and never had that issue i think u should get it checked out specially if u have pain it dosnt look normal

• Posted

i just got a yeast infection after taking it nothing like that see a doctor just to be on the safe side if having pain to

• Posted

theyre providing me yeast infection medication now too but have an appointment in a few days

• Posted

Yes definitely best to get it checked by a doctor, and glad you are in touch with them! since yeast causes clumpy discharge, when you add dry blood into it, the blood might not of had any liquid discharge to help water it down.. So if you do have a yeast infection this could be a possible explanation, but again it is odd. I would show the doctor this picture as well

• Posted

i hope all goes well can u post back when u have seen the doctor

• Posted

Any Foul Smell from discharge

• Posted

nope. but the discharge is now a slight pink color after one day on yeast medication

• Posted

pink is usually some kind of irritation to the cervix most likely caused if u have an infection

• Posted

Did you ever figure out what is was? or why it was like that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.