Strange discharge from anus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi wondered if anyone can help, I’ve been having problems with my bowel movements and bleeding the last few months, I’ll have a bowel movement then wipe, however after wiping there’s seems to be a kind of brown discharge for a few hours, kind of like I’ve not quite wiped clean, sometimes this is mixed with blood, the amount of blood varies, this is often paired with stomach pains and sore bottom. Really worried, I’ve had a sigmoscopy which came back clear and am waiting for a further appointment with a gastroenterologist consultant. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Anthony - No help here, but I am dealing with pretty much the same thing. I had a sigmoid colectomy in August (they removed 12" of colon b/c of diverticulitis), but I don't think it's that. I also have Celiac disease, but I've been on a strict gluten free diet for 15 years. Are you experiencing bloating, too? I am. I get very constipated and bloated, then when I take something to relieve that (miralax or a laxative) I get terrible diarrhea with the symptoms you posted. I have a GI appt. in 2 weeks. I hope we figure this out!

• Posted

I’ve had this as well just since my

Colonoscopy in November. It disturbing to me becayse like you say it’s seem like you didn’t wipe well, I’m struggling with my health team to find out what’s up. I will keep on at them because I didn’t have this before that.

Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.