Strange discolored patches on feet/ankles... Please help me?? Worried...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im a 31 yr old male from NY. Im in good health. I noticed some weird dark patches/blemishes on the top of my feet and near the asoles, but not on the bottom/soles.

They look almost a little greenish brownish i think.

They don't hurt but they are unsightly and im worried they might be a sign of something underlying. Anyone have any idea what these are?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Although probably not serious it's always best to check with your doctor.

Check for venous stasis on Google.

Or is there any history of diabeties in the family?

If so?

Try diabetic Dermopathy.

It could be a fungal infection also but try not to worry as I think your doctor will be able to advise you properly.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Trish. I have no family history of diabetes. I also checked my own glucose via fingerstick at 8am yesterday it read 89. So i think im safe in that dept.

I googled venous stasis and that looks a lot worse than what i have.

However i do have a theory, tell me what you think... Ive been wearing these sandal shoes a lot this summer and it has various opening on top for the foot to breathe. Being that some parts of my foot are white and some a darker color.... Could it just be tanning marks/lines from the sun?

• Posted

Hard to see by the photos but yes it could well be.

if its not causing you any concern and is only tan? Not a thing to worry about.

Good news!

• Posted

It could also be caused by the sandal straps gently rubbing the skin. 
  • Posted

Nymsw, did you ever figure out what was causing the discoloration? I am 21 and I have started getting the same thing but mine looks way worse than yours and I noticed a spot on my shin today too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.