strange eating habits ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

does anyone have any strange eating habits?  

I am secret night eater - have been for years ... which will nott helped my size.

Anyway, I've found it a very hard habit to try and break, but have come up with an idea of trying to make it work in my favour whilst on orlistat.

So if I wake in the night and feel the urge, I'm effectively going to have my breakfast then and not in the morning ... so will eat cereals then as opposed to the normal time.  

thoughts?  do you think it will work that way round for me?

lis

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lis

I used to get up in the night and raid the fridge, but thankfully I have now got myself out of that habit!

Personally I dont think its a good idea for you continue what you are doing, in my opinion I feel its better to have "structured" meal times, unless of course you work nights,

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks for replying daisy - I'm trying my best not to get up in the night but sometimes I just can't help myself ...  Thought this way at least I'm not effectively having four meals a day ...
    • Posted

I know its not easy, but even if you do wake up try not to go to the kitchen, maybe have a glass of water by the bed and drink it.

I believe the secret to cracking weight problems is to retrain eating habits. Try to focus on things long term, getting up and eating in the night is not a good idea. :-)

///*.*\\

• Posted

Why not try some fruit, if your really hungry and the hunger is stopping you from sleeping, something light for your stomach.

or just have a cuppa or the options hot choc xx

• Posted

i'm trying my hardest to stop this bad habit, but it's been going on for years ... it's when I crave the bad things the most

had yogurt and a special K biscuit last night so at least its not a full bag of crisps etc ..

• Posted

thats good, you have made a change it is hard to break long existing habits but you will do it hun biggrin xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.