Strange eating habits?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. I have some concerns that I want to share with hopefully some helpful people here.

I have only 2 meals a day, and I think I don't eat enough. My breakfast meal consists of a half a cup of a smoothie, a serving of fruit, and 3 walnut halves.

My lunch is a big meal, or so I think. I have a bowl of fattoush salad, a cup of Greek yogurt, and a small serving of whatever my mother cooks for lunch. Something weird I like to eat also is the white parts of a watermelon. I don't know if it's healthy, but I also have about 4 decent slices of watermelon rind and I munch on the white parts.

What I'm really concerned about is how I try to eat a bit of a lot of food in the kitchen. For instance, I eat a spoon ful of rice FROM the pot, then I eat a spoonful of some leftover dinner and so on. I do that while I am preparing my lunch. I think it's a self control issue.

On the side, I have been slowly and gradually gaining weight over the last month. I am not overweight. I also workout for at least 30 minutes 6 times a week. I'm 173 cm tall and 56 kg.

My period has been missed since a year or so.

Could I have some sort of binge eating disorder or a thyroid disorder? Why do I gain weight so easily? I feel like I eat below my range.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.