Strange feeling down leg after ankle surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

broke ankle both sides v badly had op under spinal anaesthesia, cast from toes to just under knee. Last week or so I've been having a strange feeling down leg, not all the time, like if I sneeze or feel cold, it's not like pins and needles, more like a fine shower spray of cold water going down inside my leg. Is this normal 6 weeks post surgery, I was in hospital 8 nights after surgery.would this have anything to do with the epidural? Any help appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Get it checked ASAP. I had similar op with spinal tap. Never had that feeling. If it doesn't feel right, find Dr to check and explain. Good luck.

,💮🌻🌼💐

• Posted

Thank you for reply, I have fracture clinic on Wednesday and will be raising this I'm not too happy with my progress. 

• Posted

I would certainly check it out with your surgeon or his nurse. I just had a nerve block for my leg. I would suspect it's a part of the healing and certain nerves are reacting to healing. But, I am not a doc. Do check it out. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

• Posted

Thank you for that, I'm certainly going to query this, I have fracture clinic app on Wednesday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.