Strange Feeling in my Head

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I'm new here and I have a problem that's been bothering me for few months now. It all started in June 2017, I was just standing outside and suddenly this feeling came. The problem is, I can't really describe it. It's not like I'm spinning, it doesn't make me unbalanced and I can walk normally. However, if I, for example do a sharp turns with my head I kinda feel that it takes much shorter to start swinging in my head and I need few seconds to recover completely. Also, I have a strange feeling usually in the left side of the head. It's not a strong pain, but it's... I don't know, somewhat like subtle a pain sometimes. Usually, these sensations happen when I'm on the move, walking, going to the gym, training, etc. When I sleep or lay down it's great; no symptoms whatsoever. I sleep well, don't wake at night and put myself to sleep relatively easy. It's somewhat like a lightheadness (if i spelled it correctly). The problem is that it bothers me almost EVERY SINGLE DAY more or less. It started suddenly like I said and since then, it's bothering me. Does somebody have a similar experience? I searched every corner of the internet to find answers, but I didn't find anything that similar.

I'm almost 22 years old and I'm a student, plus I work and have a healthy relationship. I don't want this to ruin my life, but it slowly begins to do so. I'm constantly thinking about what it should be. I went to my doctor and she said that I'm young, and not to worry, blah, blah. I also went to neurologist and he sait it's nothing. My eyes are okay, I checked that. And my blood pressure is 120 over 80, so that's good I guess.

I would be very thankful if someone shares his/her experiences with such problems and help me at least what to do next. I'm sick of the doctors and my family telling me it's nothing. I've NEVER had a SINGLE problem with my head. My head never hurt before and this suddenly comes... I can't just shrug it off. Feel free to ask me anything you want, I just want to be healthy and finish my last year of studies smile

Thanks and have a very nice day! 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,  You probably won't want to hear this, but doctors don't really want to deal with "vague" symptoms such as yours and I should know as I'm in my late 60s and have had plenty of strange feelings through the years.  Are you anxious about anything?  I ask this as anxiety manifests itself in many unwanted symptoms which of course makes you more anxious and leads to a vicious circle.  If you have something seriously wrong with you, your symptoms will get more precise, leading to a diagnosis.  I had severe bouts of anxiety when I was in my 20s and annoying though it is to hear this from relatives, you will grow out of it as I did.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Christine. Thanks for your answer.

Well, that's what I thought first, as I am naturally a person that's easy to get irritated and I'm also arguing with my parents often, leading to me being nervous at least once a day. I really hope you are right and that it isn't anything to worry, as it sometimes really makes me think about it and I start to lose hope. Also, if I am anxious, if I am anxious, is there any way to fix that without anti-depressants? I mean, I don't want to start using such medication in my years, as I am very young now.

• Posted

Hi Milos955

?Have a look online or in your local papers for meditation classes, or "mindfulness" sessions which seem to be all the rage at the moment.  They help with breathing techniques, taking control of your life, and deep relaxation.  Or  see if your GP's surgery have any leaflets on anxiety as they may point you in the right direction.  As for anti-depressants, a short course may be all you need but you would have to take your doctor's advice on that.  I hope you can sort it out soon as I know from my own past that it can ruin your enjoyment of what should be your best years. confused

• Posted

Thanks for your answer. Will definitely try to sort it out as soon as I can. Thanks for your pieces of advice and for understanding. I will also check ENT doctor to make sure that my ears aren't a problem.

• Posted

Ok - so I have not EVER posted on this thread. BUT I have the exact same symptoms. 

It doesn't bother me when I'm laying down - sleeping at night - nothing. 

But it's not even like "dizzy" it's just "off" strange sensation - only word is lightheadedness. I am heavily into working out, just did a tough mudder this past Saturday. I can run 5k's and I'm fine. 

But it's just constant lightheadedness - I do have slight headaches with it - they aren't even that bad. 

I went to an ENT because I have had tinittus in my ears for a year... and they said it's nothing to be concerned with, but I'm getting quite annoyed by this lightheadedness. 

Nothing shows in my blood work or anything - everything is normal. I have not been to a neurologist yet, but my GP hasn't made any mention of that. 

I've also never had a single problem with my head. My neck is tight at times, but not abnormal. Perhaps I need to be adjusted?

I am going through a divorce with my ex having multiple affairs on me, so this year has been full of stress and anxiety, and I'm 35 years old. 

Thanks!

• Posted

Hello. BossJ. I can't believe that somebody feels exactly what I feel. I'm also into the workout and lift weights for a few years now seriously. And yes, it's CONSTANT lightheadedness and with slight headaches. My blood is also normal, and the neurologist said that it's nothing to worry about and to relax. 

You are feeling exactly my symptoms. It's that strange and annoying feeling of being off and it's every day. Do you consider going to a CT scan?

• Posted

I have considered asking for it. I've only had this for 3 weeks, and it is making me crazy. Hasn't stopped me from doing anything, but I just feel off, my head feels slowish. It's a constant feeling, but some days are worse than others.

But yes. It's exactly the way you described it.

So frustrating.

Everything on me checks out fine. So I don't know what to do. Lol

• Posted

I'm very sad to hear that. Well, 3 weeks isn't that big period, as I'm suffering from June, so it should make it easier for youcheesygrin

• Posted

Haha, no way that makes me nervous.

So do you feel it all day, every day?

So for me, it seems to go away when I'm busy doing something. It's strange.

So I was painting the other day, and I stopped feeling light-headed, the second I quit painting, I felt it again.

It seems when I'm just sitting and my mind isn't thinking it keeping busy, I get light headed again.

Also when I take my pre workout I get light-headed, so I thought maybe it was caffeine doing it?

I've been off of the pwo for a few days, still hasn't gone away.

But the only difference with me is, when I'm driving walking or doing something physical, it seems to be much less, than when I'm just sitting.

• Posted

YES, YES, YES the same goes for me. As soon as I start doing something like writing something, playing games, watch TV, etc it goes away. As soon as my mind starts focusing on something else I don't feel it and when I stop doing that it returns. Just as you said.

I don't think it's caffeine. I don't drink coffee or take supplementation.

For me, there isn't a general rule, but I never experience it when I'm laying down or sleeping. Then it's okay. Also, I sometimes experience it when I'm working out heavily, especially when doing squats or other heavy exercises, and not while I'm squatting, but when I leave the bar on the rack and rest.

• Posted

Yep I'm the exact same way. It's so random in how it acts. I don't even know how to explain it.

Have you had any pain in your neck or bottim of the back of your head? I do sometimes.

Also, this may be a coincidence, but I took Mucinex a few times and the light-headed feeling seemed to go away. I have major sinus issues, but have had them my entire life... But it has never really bothered me except for having stuffed sinuses.

• Posted

I've had some pain in the back of the head. In my neck never, though. Also, I also might have problems with my sinus, as I often sneeze and cough, I didn't check that. Sinus issues are also a great cause of head problems, especially if there is an inflammation. I never took any medication to see if it goes away. For example, I've had some minor problems today, but I went to the gym, was with my girlfriend and I felt almost nothing, as I was focused on the other things. 

• Posted

Yup - Today was also fine for me. Not lightheaded but having sinus issues - I'm wondering if it's an inner ear or inflammation issue in my sinus' ... I just don't feel 100% - seems to be getting a bit better every day, but I don't know - I may go see my GP next week and make him run a test or two on me. 

It's getting annoying. Not sure how you have dealt with it since June.

• Posted

Have you checked into Occipital neuralgia? 

• Posted

Well, it could be an ear or sinus issues. I've dealt with it because I thought it's because of high heat, and I don't like heat, I like cold more. I didn't check, but from what I am reading, I have maybe two symptoms like pain behind the eye and one side of the head, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's left. I will probably scan my neck and spine for issues after the New Year. The one thing that bothers me is that it may be something more serious... what do you think? I mean, benign or malicious nature... I don't know.

• Posted

Yup, that is exactly what I think about. But compressed nerves can act the exact same way as a tumor or something like that. But I figured it would show up on the blood test that something is off and I just had one 2 months ago.

May go to my chiropractor. I've had inner ear issues most my life, and I went to my chiropractor and they helped night and day difference.

I've also been having a lot of sinus issues lately, with pressure in the cheeks and stuff like that.

• Posted

Yes. The symptoms might be the same, but I've heard that a brain tumor is very rare and that headaches come in various types. I also did a blood test and everything was fine. If it's not a tumor, I guess it's what you say; sinus, inner ear or compressed nerves.

• Posted

Also, do you have this feeling when suddenly moving your head? I mean, I have it when I'm headbanging, for example, it immediately starts to feel weird. Or when I make sharp turns for example. 

• Posted

Yes. So if I just shake my head back n forth, it sometimes takes me a bit to regain focus. Like I feel slowish
    • Posted

Yes, exactly how I feel. Well, that doesn't seem to be tumor I guess. You may be right about compressed nerves, sounds somehow logical to me.

• Posted

So I went to my chiropractor yesterday that deals with neurology issues, took scans of my neck and back and they are terrible.

Adjusted me. And I already feel better. Going back on Saturday. He believes it's all neck related. I'll still may go get a CT scan, just for peace of mind, but so far this seems to have helped. Immediately after the adjustment, my lightheadedness disappeared and I felt normal again.

You need to get into a chiropractor and see if that helps you.

I'll keep you posted of course.

• Posted

Oh and this is the first morning in over a month I've woken up and didn't feel off, or have a headache or something.

• Posted

Wow, that's great to hear, man. Thanks for the update. I will surely consider a chiropractor. I might contact a private one, to fix it as soon as I can. I also consider a CT scan. I'm very happy that you are getting better.

• Posted

Did you ever get checked out? How are your symptoms? 
    • Posted

I didn't as these days it was better. I didn't feel anything at all for about a week. Last two days I have some symptoms (the same ones). How about you?

• Posted

I've learned - it seems to be anxiety and stress for me. The adjustments are helping me for sure - and i'm also taking moringa and amla herbs - and those seem to be making me a lot better. 

• Posted

The same goes for me. Additional stress and anxiety seem to make it worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.