Strange feeling of dizziness and aches...without pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey,

I've been feeling a little strange lately. On Friday night I was experiencing headaches, pins and needles in my left arm and leg, and nausea which led to vomiting on Saturday morning. By Sunday night, the nausea and pins and needles were gone, but the headaches - although very mild - have remained.

Last night I started feeling some new symptoms; a slight feeling of weakness in my body but without the actual weakness, and some dizziness that occurs when I turn my head or move around.

The feelings seem to spread almost like muscle aches, but I don't feel any pain, just a confusing sensation and some shakiness. I do not feel tired or nauseated at the time of writing, and have just slept for around 8 hours.

I'm very confused and am only just able to keep myself calm. I have anxiety disorder relating to Emetophobia, so this is worrying as weakness often results in vomiting. I had been prescribed Stemetil (Prochlorperazine Maleate) for morning nausea related to my anxiety, and took a double dose a couple times, but have stopped as I widthrew from college on Friday and no longer need to take them.

I would really appreciate some professional insight to my symptoms. Does this sound like Vertigo or other?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You should go to see your GP

• Posted

I called an booked an appointment yesterday for other reasons, but they couldn't fit me in until 5th June.
    • Posted

I think you're wise Dillon and, don't take any more double doses of the Stemetil.  

If you feel any worse, telephone your GP again and ask to see the duty doctor [for emergencies]

• Posted

I took a single dose of Stemetil earlier in case it was some kind of withdrawal, partly because they use it to treat Vertigo anyway, but it hasn't done anything. Thank you for the advice
    • Posted

Ginger is supposed to be good for nausea.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.