Strange feeling under right rib pressure or squeezing sensation

Posted , 2 users are following.

a few years ago i lifted a heavy weight doing squats the next day I couldn't move my back, pelvis and tailbone area was so painful I had an mri and all came back clear apart from some wear and tear on tailbone. I have been very careful with what exercises I do at the gym and even though every day I still have back pain it's never been as bad as that time. last week I decided to do some Russian twists which I had never done before the next day my tailbone and lower and upper back were in alot of pain i still have some back pain froman last week but i also have some strange sensation under my right rib. feels like pressure a bubble moving or tugging sensation. my tummy also feels abit tight like it has a band around it. could it be linked to the back and tailbone pain or something else I'm scared

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have at times a "throb" on the right side under the rin and I have gallbladder stones. Not sure if that would help you.

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply the strange thing is I just pressed just at the top and of rib cage and it felt like something moved about under my rib I now have a strange sensation in my lower right side since I pressed it. my tummy also feels quite tight and maybe bloated I would say

• Posted

It could also be gas. But if you are unsure and would like to check at some point, you could have an ultrasound

• Posted

could be i have got a doc app but earliest they can do is in 3 weeks time and I am such an anxious person

• Posted

also just to add its not painful its just like a strong pressure feeling it goes away if I move position when I am sitting down. my stomach feels quite gassy aswell i can feel lots of bubbles in my tummy. maybe its a spasm of some sort im really not sure

• Posted

Yes the throb or pressure does get better for me as well. I am not sure about my diagnosis other other than stones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.