Strange feeling when waking up??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so lately I've had these awful experiences when it comes to waking up on a morning. The best I can explain it is that I've been knocked unconscious or in a coma or something and I have to try EXTREMELY hard to gain consciousness.

So first I'll open my eyes and feel like I'm not fully 'there' and try my best to get my eye sight focused.

Then I'll try to sort movement out. First I'll attempt moving an arm maybe, then my head, then trying to turn over in bed. I have to do everything in steps like this. I feel very disoriented and it is just awful. I'm starting to dread falling asleep because of this process of waking up. I'm so scared that something is wrong inside my head and this is a warning sign not to go to sleep.

Please help. I'm at my wits end.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

maybe your mind is awake but your body isnt it sounds a little bit like sleep paralysis some people get it doing the night I know my daughter suffers from it im not saying it is but it is very simular perhaps a visit to the doctor may help explain sorry i couldnt be of more help
  • Posted

Look up sleep peralisis,kind of sounds like that.
  • Posted

It sounds like sleep paralysis, but people who get it don't get it every morning.

See your doctor for reassurance.

• Posted

Fall asleep with tv on or radio. You will know when you are woke
  • Posted

I had this happen to me once,its quite scarey. With me for what seamed like a few minutes i couldnt move. I was confused and slightly disoriented you feel like your trapped. My son used to get this also now and then. He had it more then once,i never knew what he was talking about til i experienced it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.