Strange Fluttery/Skipped Beats

Posted , 3 users are following.

Another day, another forum post I guess. And right before I can schedule an appointment today too...

But, um, have any of my fellow severe anxiety sufferers struggled with (in this particular fashion) where you lay down to go to sleep, start getting really anxious for no particular reason to the point you can feel your pulse in every part of your body rush before it just kind of...stops for a second and rushes all up into your chest and neck area, causing a brief maybe 1 or 2 second lasting period of breathlessness before fading off and just leaving you generally tingly and shaky? (Sometimes with chills?) This has happened TWICE already in the past hour, and no matter what I do I just CAN'T fall asleep without it happening. It's nearing 24 hours of no sleep. Send help??

As those who've seen my former posts, I'm 16 and DFAB, and have currently not had my cycle this month along with having incredibly high anxiety + stress levels with my depression starting to rise too. And, no, I cannot currently get into therapy as much as I would like to.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This happens to me almost every night as I'm drifting off to sleep I feel constant flutters dr said described it but I cant explain it he basically said it just means your really relaxed smile
  • Posted

I get this all the time it is frightening, it usually happens when your relaxed or anxious and is not dangerous. I've had some private tests with a cardiologist and he said my hearts fine. The more you worry the more you get them, there classed as benign ectopics heart beats, that might sound scary but it's really not. I've been experiencing this for almost a year it's got a little easier to cope with and has subsided but can come back with a vengeance sad go and get a check up with your doctor. You can get them when due on from hormones or you could be deficient in a vitamin a blood test and a physical exam will clear you
  • Posted

Why cant you get into therapy? 
    • Posted

You know if for whatever reason this is because you get yelled at if you complain..you have a well visit next month. And TELL the Doctor everything you are experiencing. They can at least give you medicine to take the edge of all this horrific anxiety you are living with. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.