strange gastric symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive posted before but wanted to know if anyone ahs had the same symptopms, i first got a bad attack, which lasted 2 days from minor to major of shortness of breath, chills, burping, nasua, but little pain or heartburn, docs said its acid reflux but my gi doc isnt convinced, going for stress test tomorrow, been on acid blockers 300 mg a day which have eliminated almost all symptoms( daily recurring was bubbles, burping, sore throat laryngitis, , sometime pain and discomfort inmy neck and chest- tried pres PPI s but they didnt do anything- took them for a month)  but for the past month ive been getting light headed and headaches  as well, though the only symptoms i have left is the burping and throat , excessive thirst, if i over do it on the acidic foods, the symptoms are worse and occasionally i have a major attack again, i take another blocker and it goes away-i feel blah most of the time, like i ran 2 miles,  the dizzyness and headaches dont seem to follow much of a pattern i can see, except its worse in the morning after i wake up- than later 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Two words: Helicobacter pylori (or, less likely - one of the "non-pylori helicobacter species" aka "NPHC".

Be sure to find a good doctor who knows how difficult it is to treat it.

• Posted

make that "NPHS"
  • Posted

Matt-In the 200 or so illnesses associated with the gastro/intest tract (worms, virus, bacteria, fungus, mechanical, autoimmune, nerve and nerve damage and so on) there is very little difference in the range of symptoms that are reported; some people suffer all others fewer. Its a minefield. Solve the simple one first (worms- 1 tablet), Check for infections in mouth(teeth) nasal (fungal etc) lungs then get Dr to use best differentiating tests (eg breath tests for SIBO or H Pylori eg). You can experiment yourself with dietary changes and testing foods individually for gut reactions (GAPS diet works with some FODMAP diet workd with some, but one by one is perhaps the better way of doing it)
  • Posted

Test one at a time food items like dairy, bread and other wheat/grain foods (lectins), potatoes, fermented foods esp yoghurt (inappropriate to take these if problem is Small intestine bacterial overgrowth- SIBO), fish and other possible high histamine  foods (eat fresh fish only to avoid histamines), AND SO ON

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.