strange head feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Iv had anxiety for few months all started when I thought I had heart problems

Turned out I had a trigger point in my back and chest that I pulled

With the worry of thinking I was really ill it brought on a anxiety attack

Pins and needles and went very light headed and felt like I was not here but was here feeling

This went on for a while and over time I had blood tests etc all came back fine

I'm 32 year old and general good heath

This anxiety has got less and less over time and I don't have half the symptoms I did

But there is one that will just come on out of the blue and that's this strange congestion feeling between the eyes and it gives this heavy foggy feeling in my head and i get rhe urge to frown and squint my eyes and the moment I get on and keep busy and forget about it its disappears

This will happen every other day and sometimes not at all

Can this anxiety really do this

Not that I'm moaning to much as I was really bad heart palpitations sweating at night in bed dizziness nausea and lost interest in things like hobbies etc so can't complain to much but would like some insight and if anyone also experiences this head thing

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You are not moaning, anxiety can come in many symptoms which are frightening. It is caused by adrenaline coursing through you but it is so hard to realise this. If you can (although I know it feels impossible) try and focus on the fact that it is an imbalance in your body, nothing else x
    • Posted

Thanks Angela for replying

Me thinking it's a in balance will this help with the feeling and also help not to be so strong if I learn to tell myself it's not a big deal

I also feel very tired at times and I try and fight it and when I do the tiredness just also dissappear x

• Posted

Hi Richard , yes I also went through the same thing and in the same order at first my anxiety issues were having the whole fake heart attack feeling for a few months then it went on to be a choking sensation around my neck for a little while ,.and now for the.past few months I've been.experiencing tension headaches ,.and head.pressure and other weird head feelings and I always find.myself doing the.same thing.you do.like squinting my.eyes and Frowning to see if its still there , its like a tight band feeling or a feeling of congestion in my head but being able to breath at the same time. But like youbsaid when I'm not really thinking about it its not there .
  • Posted

Yes.. Brain fog is horrible. Sounds like minor derealization.. Mine is 24/7 for the past month and it's horrible.. But it's improving very slowly. I suspect it's caused by excess fear and muscle tension.

At first for me it started with having brain fog at random times.. But now it's 24/7

It goes away when I take a Xanax so I know it's anxiety.. But your Gona have to find a way that will manage your stress and anxiety. When I had this problem originally I had to go on medication and improve my lifestyle.. (Sleep/diet/exercise/don't overwork/have fun) and I was able to get off the medication and the anxiety didn't come back until 5 years later. I think a lot of it is lifestyle.

• Posted

It seems to start when I get stressed out

Today I was looking for something in the house and when I was getting annoyed where it could be I eventually found it but straight away I felt this head stuff so I just took time out and killed some people on xbox playing cod and now it's gone very strange

• Posted

I have exactly same symptoms .

I don't know what's wrong with my eyes and head I feel like I can't see properly even though I can but still I feel like I can't . and weird heaviness , foggness I just can't understand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.