strange head sensations anyone?

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi I was on 75mcg and been feeling unwell blood results came bk that I've been over medicating, I've been having alot of strange head sensations like pressure, foggyess, dizziness and just overall odd I've also had extreme anxiety and on edge basically felt like I'm going crazy has anyone else experienced this?

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It seems so many thyroid patients post about the dizziness, that is a telltale sign of fluid or infection in the ears.

After nearly a decade if thyroid hell, I've realized the ear infections that coincided with the worst thyroid storms are a crucial piece of the thyroid puzzle. looking back, the worst ear infections accompanied the worst thyroid flares! Not only that, but with all the thyroid hell, the continual nasal congestion and minor dizziness indicating subacute infections, went ignored for a long time, thinking they were fine because I'd treated them with antibiotics.

The congestion and inflammation resulting from sinus and ear infections is certainly enough to trigger inflammation in the thyroid gland.

I've been treating the chronic ear and sinus infections naturally and it seems to be helping the thyroid function a lot!

• Posted

yes i'm on 137 and ive felt so bad for the last year same experience you have been through

• Posted

hey, i know this is a very old post, but my doctors upped my MG, i am now on 150mg and i was really ill and dizzy for weeks. my body felt lagged and it felt like i had pins and needles everywhere on my body. they thought it was to do wit my iron so they gav me iron meds then it happened again so they did a thyroid blood test and realised the amount of meds i was having caused me to go into over active thyroid. they made me stop my meds for a week/10 days and i have started to feel dizzy and numb again. i am only 20 going through uni and i dont know what to do

• Posted

Hello dizzydoll,

I had those same exact feelings in my head before I knew my thyroid levels were very low. I had a very under active thyroid. I remember feeling like I was crazy. My thinking pattern was so very slow. I couldn't get the words I wanted to say out verbally and I wasn't making since to others even though I knew what I wanted to say. I had an over active thyroid before this happened, so I knew I needed to go see my doctor and have a blood test done. I understand how you were/are feeling but mine was because of an underactive thyroid. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck.

Zoie

• Posted

I am wondering if anybody that had the ringing in the ears if it ever stopped .

when you stopped taking the thyroid medication, I had been on the levothyroxine for 12 years and now find out i shouldn't of been on the medication to begin with . i am now in the 1st week of not taking the medication after going thru the precedure to wean off Medication this is still a challenge mind you the withdrawal and the brain stuff is challenging because it feels like you are going crazy

• Posted

hey there im here. i see this is an old post but had to respond. I have had hashimotos for 20 years, thyroidectomy in Sept. I've finally reached euthyroid but now I have the weird pressure and buzzing sensation in my head. it's definitely too much hormone OR not enough T3. if BP is high you need T3 because if your body hangs onto too much T4 it will feel like your upside down. I'm on armour but it's hard to regulate that balance because it has a set amount in each pill (of t3 and t4) you can't adjust to need.

I'm not sure what is causing the buzzing but I'm determined to find out. Extremely tired too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.