Strange Headache Pattern

Posted , 1 user is following.

Greetings,

I need some help or advice from you, kind people. Beginning Tuesday night, I began to experience a mild pain in my head at the top left located about where the ridge/suture connects the frontal plate with the parietal plate. The pain comes on suddenly and aches for 5-15 seconds before disappearing. I would rate this pain as a 4 or 5 out of 10. The strange part is that since then (Tuesday night), it has ached every 3 - 20 minutes in the same fashion...a random flash of pain and several minutes in between where I feel fine. A couple of times I’ve had a more intense pain (5-6) near the base of my skull where I think the spinal cord connects to the skull (since Tuesday).

I went to sleep Tuesday night thinking rest would cure it. Instead, the pattern persisted all day Wednesday and all of today. So two nights of rest has been no help. I’ve also tried melatonin, Tylenol, and ibuprofen to no avail. Melatonin has shown to be useful in treating ice pick headaches according to my research, but no such luck (which makes me think this is not an ice pick headache, along with the relatively minor to moderate pain - I would not call it severe or debilitating). Any help would be infinitely appreciated; the headaches have induced a certain degree of anxiety which IS interfering with my quality of life. 

Thanks.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also, on June 15th I bumped my head kind of hard on the top left of my forehead just below the hairline. It resulted in a small goosebump that went away within a few days. I’m not sure if that could be a factor, however I figured it was worth noting. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.