Strange headaches near temple, short bursts

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

Hope you are all well, just thought I'd post on here as I'm going through a tough time at the moment. Last time I'm started a discussion on here must have been 2 years ago when I was struggling with health anxiety concerning chest pain and shortness of breath I was getting. That was a rough time back then, nearly every day I would head down A&E after work, just sitting outside the hospital on a bench because I felt safe. I really thought I was going crazy, but with therapy and pushing myself to accomplish my dream and travel alone around SE Asia for 6 months I got to a point where it just didn't enter my brain and I felt like a normal person again.

So I've been back a few months now, and a few days ago I started noticing I was getting these strange headaches, totally different to any headache I've had before. They would come in waves only lasting about 3 seconds, sharp pain. This would happen continuously throughout the day, maybe over 20 times. Obviously this rang alarm bells, so I headed down the doctors. The headaches are the only symptoms I'm getting so the doctor thinks I'm fine, nevertheless, he sent me for a blood test today to make sure it isn't anything sinister I suppose. I can feel the worry creeping in, to make matters worse, I opened Google and diagnosed myself. I'm so scared to sleep, hence why I'm posting on here, thinking I'm not going to wake up because I will have a brain aneurysm. I'm now getting ringing in the ears and other anxiety symptoms. I just can't take it, I don't want to go back to that place again, I'm so worried that I'm gonna die and not say goodbye to my family. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, thank you for reading my post, just had to vent.

Have a lovely evening/day,

Jack.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI jack everything you just said there is pretty much like me at this moment in time but im worried my women problems im having are the big C word or somthing else, im with you i cant sleep because im worried i think the worst possible thing and then some how my best friend google seems to pop up and make things 10 times as bad ive had 3 panic attacks so far tonight and cry i dont think i have any tears left, i guess im just reply to you to let you know youre not alone and we can get by with help from others replys and being there for one and other. and i think its fantastic you traveled you must be so proud of what you have done. im here you need to vent but im sure youre going to be just fine, all the best. 😃

• Posted

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your reply, really means a lot. It does help, like you said, it makes you feel not as alone. The panic attacks suck I know, but I'm sure you'll overcome them, hope you are feeling better today.

• Posted

thats true nothing worse than feeling alone, hope youre feeling better today. im okay night times the worse for me but im sure ill manage lol.

• Posted

I've had headaches like this alot, where I'll get a sharp pain on/off for a while either above my eye or on top back of my head. I also get tinnitus in my left ear, which is mostly prominent when i go to sleep.

You've achieved so much and should be very proud of that. Don't worry that you've had a little relapse and consulted Dr Google, the route of all evil where health anxiety is concerned. It happens, we all have periods where we slip.

Instead, remind yourself of how far you've come. You travelled alone for 6 months, that's amazing! Remind yourself that you've done the right thing, seen a medical professional who is checking your blood to be safe but isn't concerned. Take solace in the fact that you have recognised that your behaviour is related to your anxiety and remind yourself of the tools you used to overcome this before. Take care x

• Posted

Hi Caz,

You're right, I have come far since my last bout with anxiety. I'll try to constantly remind myself that. Thank you for taking the time to send a reply, it really helps. Wish you all the best.

• Posted

Hi Jack,

Sounds like your short sharp shocks could possibly be Cluster Headaches (I am not a medical professional but have similar pains sometimes)

I had MRI on brain and all was well and Cluster Headaches were consultants diagnosis.

I take a prescription med called Naramig to relieve them, works every time for me.

All the best 🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.