Strange Headaches On The Side(s) Of My Head

Posted , 1 user is following.

Before I start, I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong category, so let me know if I did or if you think I should share this somewhere else.

I'm a 17 year old male and I'm new here, and I joined because I wanted to share my symptoms of a couple certain "headaches" I've had on the sides of my head on and off again for the past four months or so. They aren't painful, but they're very annoying and uncomfortable. They started out of nowhere, and were basically every day, at first it was usually a couple hours after I woke up and on/off again until I fell asleep. They were right on my temple, only ever on the right side of my head, and it was just about always like a heavy pulse.

I do have some acne on the sides of my face, which comes and goes, and I have actually felt a heavy pulse right on a pimple a few times. This makes me believe that these "headaches" are at least sometimes caused by acne. When I went to a clinic to get it checked out, the doctor told me that it's probably caused by lymph nodes on the right side of my face. I'm not sure about this though. Because soon later I started sometimes getting it on the left side of my face, along with other symptoms I'll detail.

It eventually started to sometimes be lower, higher, in between my ear/temple, etc. and it started also being on the left side of my head at times. I've never had the heavy pulse on both sides of my head at the same time. It started to sometimes feel deeper inside of my head, like beyond the temple/ear, and feel weighted like a light rock or something like that. (This probably sounds really concerning but I don't really think it's a tumor, because I've researched it and haven't heard of anybody with head tumors having similar symptoms as mine.) I don't think I've ever had this deep weighted "headache" on the left side of my head, only the right side of my head. It feels better if I tilt my head down to the right, maybe because I'm giving it more blood flow or something? And heat from a rice bag has aided it before.

My headaches totally went away a couple months ago, out of nowhere, but it has slowly came back over the past few weeks or so I think.

From what I have researched, my symptoms are most similar to what one would have if they had Temporal Arteris. But this is something that is almost exclusively seen in old women around the age of 65-70+. And I haven't experienced any vision loss or anything, which is a symptom of Temporal Arteris.

I'm just hoping/wondering that somebody online may be able to know what's going on/have some sort of idea of what's going on before a have a legitimate checkup again. I think it's gotten worse over these past several days or so. Over these past several days that I've had these headaches, I've only experienced the deep weighted "headache" that's only on the right side of my head, I haven't experience the heavy pulse on my temple or anywhere else recently.

I have kept a journal and it's really annoying because I can't seem to figure out what could be causing it at all. Every day I would write the certain sort of headache I had, how much water, coffee I consumed, how much I slept, what I ate, screen time, etc. and I couldn't figure out what could be causing it at all. And I did experiment with these factors and found no change in symptoms or anything. I'd be very happy to see if anybody could have some sort of lead, so please share what you can whether it be advice or any sort of suggestion, or somewhere that I can talk about my symptoms or somebody I can talk to or anything at all. Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.