Strange heart issues, doctors stumpted, Anyone any similar experience?

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I was initially being treated for severe anaemia, which was ruled the cause of my dizzyness shortness of breath and occasional chest pain.

It's under control now and my symptoms have got worse, I'm on ibuprofen 3 times a day to manage the heart pain. Xrays and ecgs are normal, 24 hour one upcoming. The doctors seem to think there's some kind of issue with my heart since my blood pressure and heartbeat can be irregular (blood pressure can drop suddenly, heartbeat resting is between 80-90 which isn't too good for an 18 year old).

Anyone any experience with anything like this, know how to manage my symptoms or anything? It's destroying my social life since there's a risk I could black out or lose the ability to stand at any point, and have done on multiple occasions.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Have you gone for an echo or stress test or a nuclear stress test yet? Those will give the best results.

• Posted

I just turned 18, I don't believe I've had any of the tests you mention, but there's been so many it's kinda hard to keep track of names

• Posted

I had SVT I would get SOB, dizziness or and palpitations. But my heart rate was never 80-90 it would be 140+ when I am symptomatic. I’m sorry I hope you find some answers the holter monitor is what showed my SVT. Hope you get some answers and feel better soon! 
    • Posted

Sorry wanted to add 80-90 if in a normal sinus rhythm is a good heart rate for a 18 year old. A normal heart rate is 60-100.  
  • Posted

No experience of this Amber but I just wanted to say it could be stress.

Are you under a lot of stress at the moment? I know your young but stress effects everyone. This worry cannot be helping.

I hope you get all clear and maybe your easily influenced BP is a hereditary thing? I know when I changed my diet my BP went mad. Have you had your thyroid checked?

• Posted

Sounds more like POTS and Dysautonomia. You can have a fine heart mechanically, but it is the Autonomic Nervous System that tells it what to do, for instance, when you stand up, gravity would make the blood all fall to your legs so you faint, so the ANS detects this and gets your veins to constrict automatically to keep blood in your brain. If this system isnt working so well, you feel faint.

There is a forum here for Dysautonomia.

Can I ask your symptoms for severe anemia please?, I have just been told I have a Folate B9 deficiency which I understand can cause anaemia, how did you get your levels back up? My symptoms are also dizzyness, brain fog, shortness of breath, tachycardia. 

I understand the conditions of Dysautonomia and B vitamin deficiency are related as the Nervous System needs B vitamins.

• Posted

Its the same with me!! Doctors can't find anything at all and its been more then 6 months now. I have been taking vitamin D, b12 and folic acid, the docs said it might be because of that because they didn't even find anything in the 24 hour echo... But that still doesn't change for me...hope you get better soon thou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.