Strange indentation

Posted , 9 users are following.

After my arduous trek this morning, I was relaxing on the sofa. I started absent-mindedly massaging the top of my right thigh (op was on right, but scar is on the side, not the top). I could feel a significant indentation. I arranged my non-op leg into exactly the same position, but there is no indentation. Any ideas? Probably something muscular, but weird.

I did a very rough line drawing in Photoshop of what it feels like...

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Just adding: when I made the first post, there was a major storm going on here and the house was very dark. Sun is out now and I can see some bruising in the area of the indentation. However, I have not bumped or otherwise injured that area that I know of.
  • Posted

Would it be possible that the swelling is going down but not all at once? Perhaps your trek dislodged the swelling.

I am finding it hard to express myself, but hope the idea is conveyed.

Michael 

• Posted

Hi  Belle, 

Maybe it is tissue underneath the scar that sort of sicks together? Does it hurt when you touch it - Bruises are probably still from being (rough?) handled -

There are so many layers that your body is repairing, knitting together -

You are still early in recovery and already doing so much ... Is it getting easier ?

I would gently massage around the area -

Have a wonderful night and weekend ?

Big warm hug

renee

• Posted

the bottom half of my scar is indented now - it wasn't the first time around - but no other dents I am aware of - I'll have to go have a look ...........
  • Posted

Don't know if yours will be the same but I had surgery as a child and always had a small indentation in my scar, it looked like someone had pressed a finger in it and it has stayed there. It doesn't look as bad now I've a new scar running over it!
  • Posted

My entire incision is dented in, very noticeable. I guess I healed that way, maybe not enough muscle underneath... I'm going to ask my surgeon about it in May.
    • Posted

Please let me know what you find out. I'm going to e-mail my doctor too
  • Posted

I have read about indentations on scars, but mine is not on the scar. My scar is on the side of my thigh; the indentation is on the front of my thigh...
    • Posted

Hi, I had my replacement 4 days ago and have a dent in the same place, have you found out anymore about it?

Regards

Ian

• Posted

I also noticed recently an indentation on my scar. It will be 5 months since my left total hip. I'm 61. Just noticed this the last few days....didn't have this indentation before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.