Strange lesions around side / upper lip after infection?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone, long story short around 5 days ago I suddenly came down with the worst pain when swallowing which is what my GP attributed to a bacterial (possibly Strep) throat infection. I've been taking Amoxicillin now for around 4 days and the throat pain has cleared up, however towards the end of the throat pain, these lesions began appearing. The only info I can give on them are that I'm certain where they have appeared, there were spots before of other minor skin ailments, they began by crusting with a golden yellow blister, they're not particularly painful but aren't too comfortable to touch. I've been given Fucidin ointment to put on them. Does this look like Impetigo to anyone, or something else? I'm just unsure as to what to do with them as they don't seem to be going anywhere in a hurry, I'm just at my wits end as this time last week I was completely fine! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

herpes labialis use acyclovir cream 5 times aday for one week
  • Posted

Sorry to say that this looks very much like Coldsores-herpes virus.

Zovirax cream will clear it up but it will most likely return.

Best you get advice from your doctor as there are antiviral tablets that will help too.

• Posted

Hopefully these sores,which i agree are coldsore/herpes virus are healing.   Just thought I would tell you about a device my husband has used with great success. he was plagued with these sores for many years and then bought a Virulite from Amazon.           Absolute miracle.  Hasnt had a sore for over 20 years now.   Recommended it to niece and she is so pleased with it as she had great results. I even used it on a verruca which is of course a virus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.