Strange Lump / Growth on Thumb

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone

I’ve come here for a bit of advice as I dont really know what to do. For as long as I can remember I’ve had a lump / growth on my thumb. I’m 31 now and I can remember when I was about 9-10 my grandad mentioning the lump on my thumb saying to my parents they should get it checked out! This is something that’s never been done before and up until that point I never knew any different.

The lump sits on my thumb knuckle below my nail. It feels numb. If I feel below and around it then it feels normal however the actual lump itself has no feeling at all. I can’t quite work it out. I’ve done a bit of googling and cannot seem to find any photos or examples of it.

It’s something that I’ve always been embarrassed about and to be honest no body knows it’s even there! I’ve hidden it for so long. Well I’ve had enough of this and I want to get it looked at and sorted if possible.

So the photos I’m attaching haven’t ever been seen by anyone except yourselves so please be nice. 😃File size is too big

Ive uploaded the images to the following link.

https://imgur.com/a/nAl4hAp

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.