Strange lump under breast, boil? Cyst? Cancer?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm 19 years old, overweight, naturally large breasted. I have bad acne all over my body. Well, maybe not that bad, but it seems like every pore in my body is clogged.

I have this strange lump under my breast. It's right where the breast folds, near the cleavage, I first noticed it on Monday (I check my breasts daily). Of course I first panicked and thought maybe it's cancerous, but I can't tell. It's about an inch across, and goes deep into the skin, it doesn't rise up very far. It doesn't seem to ooze puss, and I can't if it has any puss or not. I don't try to squeeze it because I don't want to make it worse if it is an infection . The part of the skin that is risen is reddish/dull purple, there seems to be somewhat of a center that's darker than the rest(kinda greyish). It's not horribly red, but it's discolored. I guess it's kinda yellow around it, but I can't tell. It's hard to say what color it is.

I showed my mom and she said it's a zit, but is it really? Is it an ingrown pimple, or follicle, that's inflamed. Is it a boil, cysts, or something like that. It's not very hard, but its not very soft either, I guess I can kind of move it, but not much. It only hurts if I press on it. I've tried to search up what it could be but I haven't found anything that matches the description.

I really hope it's nothing too serious like cancer. I was already at the doctor a few weeks ago, I'd hate to have to go back again.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it's not cancer, but I have so much anxiety that I fear for the worst. I worry about my health way too often.

• Posted

Okay, so I've had this lump for 3 days now and It seems to have gotten a bit bigger, like it's swelling. I can safely say that it is soft and I'm able to move it around. Could this be a cyst, maybe an infected cyst?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.