Strange lumps in throat. Cobblestone throat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my sons throat. We went to urgent care 3 weeks ago and was told its Cobblestone Throat and was told is should go away within a few weeks but it has not. I am making an appointment tomorrow with an ENT for a second opinion. He started having really bad allergy attacks that turned into waking up every morning with post nasal drip and a daily light cough a few weeks ago. He gags on the spit and is able to get it out but I just feel so bad. It started in early December after visiting my parents house and I gave him xyzal which seemed to help but the lumps (blisters idk) never went away. The urgent care doc said its totally normal but it really freaks me out because of how it looks. He says it does not hurt or itch and does not bother him unless he is running then he gets into a coughing fit and has puked 3 times after running because of this. Just curious if anyone else's cobblestone looks this severe because sadly its grossing me out. He was cleared without any illnesses from Urgent Care and had not been sick for months. I know he has chronic allergies and post nasal drip issues but I never have had allergies so it freaks me out a smidge. It looks likes a raspberry throat or something odd I am curious if this is just something we are going to have to adjust too.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It all depends it is uncomfortable for you. If it is then see the dentist. If not, see the dentist, but know that there will not be much of a problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.