STRANGE migraines anyone???

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am just waiting for an appointment with a neurologist to confirm (and rule out anything serious) but my GP has said i probably have a very strange type of migraine.

Symptoms started last week sometime with my right eye feeling odd, sore, prickly.

Sunday i fell asleep in the day and woke up with my eye blurry and started to get blind spots and wavy lines in it. This has happened before with a migraine but this time no headache came.

Monday and i start to get odd feelings and a lot of pain in my right arm and leg and then facial numbness on the right side

I put up with it for 2 days and went to the docs last night. She found nothing wrong and thought thats what it was.

I felt awful yesterday i started feeling nauseus around lunch and got a headache - when that came the numbness went away.

I had a headache right up until this morning on the right hand side - could literally draw a line down the middle of my head and the pain covered the whole right side

That has now gone and facial numbness is back.

Its scary - im 22 female and otherwise healthy.

I had no idea migraines lasted for a week or more but the doctor said it was possible with some weird types of migraine and mine sounds very similar to one

Anyone else had or have migraines like this??

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It has been a while since I posted on here, but I should really update people in case my story helps. I do still suffer with migraines, but not so much. During the time when they were most frequent, pretty much weekly, I did find out why. I was using a re-usable water bottle, the result being that the leaching of the BPA was causing my estrogen levels to rise causing the migraines. Basically I was poisoning myself. This was only found out 9 months after I started using the bottle when I went away for a week and didn't take it with me. Since then, I do have less of them. However, there is a correlation as to when I get them, which is mainly in March, April and May. Towards the end of the year I hardly get any. So it seems to be linked to allergies - not exactly sure what but I think it is a mix of pollen and pollutants. I’m very careful with plastics now (don’t panic, not all plastics contain BPA, Google it if you want to find out more), I definitely have an allergy to most perfumes and get an instant reaction (sore throat, headache, itchy eyes) which will turn into a migraine if I don’t take an antihistamine, and which I now take everywhere with me. Better to do that then have the consequences of an ongoing migraine. I am now just taking Imigraine for when I do have an attack, and which I take at the very first sign (which is really difficult to tell most times), so I end up taking it ‘just in case’. I have to sleep it off, which is mainly at work under my desk. But generally that seems to work and I don’t have the ongoing migraine to deal with. I feel that I can function again. Keep persevering folks, you never know that you may find your trigger. Good luck all. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.