Strange mono symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am looking for reassurance. I was diagnosed with mono back in August 2022 after suffering pain under left rib and my doctor at the time didnt think it was anything. Changed providers and the new one sent me for testing and sure enough it was mono. I have had times where i feel i am getting better to be knocked off my feet with new symptoms. My new symptom (i hope it is) is a funky feeling on my left breast/nipple. I have felt it on the right side but mainly the left one. I had two mammograms done in 2021/2022 and both have been clear. I do have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday and will be going for my annual mammogram because i am freaking out already. No changes in the breast or discharge or lumps.

Has anyone had mono symptoms including the breast area and side of it along with the nipple area too? It has seem to always mess with the left side of my body when symptoms appear.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi vanessa, im sorry for what your going through i pray that everything gets better for you. i got mono last feb of 2022 and it was the worst thing for me. my biggest issue was breathing and feeling fatigued, then as months went by i started to feel like myself.. i def do feel symptoms on & off but it does get better. i always get a bad fear that whenever i feel "off" that its my mono again. i hope your appointment goes well on tuesday!

• Posted

Hi Vanessa, I had what i thought was flu in early December and have been left with sore lymph nodes in armpits, groin, legs and arms, severe fatigue and sore nipples and chest. Ive not had EBV test yet but feel like i have it . Hope you feel a little better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.