Strange new symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has messaged in this group! I was so scared when I was first diagnosed with mono because most of my symptoms did not appear to be "typical" mono symptoms, but hearing everyone else's experiences has really reassured me.

I am currently on month 13 and I am still experiencing (on & off):

• tingling in my legs, feet and right hand
  • twitching everywhere in my body
  • eye pain (left only)
  • mild blurriness in my left eye
  • numbness in both cheeks
  • left-side headaches with tenderness at my temple

I have seen all of these mentioned in other people's posts, which is reassuring. However, I am experiencing one new symptom that I haven't heard of much on here: mild facial pain/soreness. It's just about a 1-3/10 in terms of severity, and it is mainly along my left cheek, the inner part of my left browbone/nosebridge, the left half of the roof of my mouth, and my teeth/gums on my left side. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I get really bad facial numbness and tingling above my left eye down to my jaw on the left side. i also just had a random attack on my adam's apple where my skin got irriated and started burning and hurt. I'm 3 months into my Mono diagnosis and i get the craziest symptoms. right now along with the adams apple my left arm pit hurts a lot, feels like a burning sensation (nerve pain). im also having really bad pressure headache the left and rear side of my head.

I'm actually paying for a personal MRI because all these symptoms are scaring me and I need some reassurance that its just Mono and not something else. i hope to start to feel better soon!

• Brian
    • Posted

Hi Brian!

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling very well 😦 but just to reassure you, I've read a lot of people on here have been experiencing a similar armpit pain, likely because of a swollen lymph node. Your headaches sound exactly like mine, kind of like a pressure in almost the entire left side of my head. However the pressure in mine is also in my left eye, the bridge of my nose and my cheek, I'm thinking it might be sinus pressure?

I think it's a great idea to get an MRI! I just got one done 2 days ago and should get results by the end of this week. Thankfully pretty much everyone on this forum who have gotten MRIs have had their MRI come back clear, so everything is likely just mono related! This virus is terrible and manifests on so many uniquely horrible ways. Hope you start feeling better soon!

• Rita

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.