Strange Nuerological symptoms.

Posted , 7 users are following.

For years I've had the following pains:

• prickly burning sensations in the toes and the fingers that feel permanent, my toe feels damaged, walking makes the burning pins and needles worse
  • numbness in parts of the body and head that never goes away
  • pins and needles in the legs and feet and in my head almost constantly
  • extreme fatigue and muscle weakness, especially in the legs
  • sharp tinnitus and ear aches/pain
  • tingling in the hands and legs
  • muscle twitches/fluttering mostly in the legs
  • pins and needles in the eyelids and feels like something stuck in the corner of my eye
  • itchy sensation all over the body and head - worst in the legs

... among other weird things.

They are constant and feel permanent. My coordination when walking can be off too.

I'm only 28 years old. I weight about 125kg. My diet for years has been atrocious and I think its contributed to these pains. But I don't know how it could cause all of them.

I'm currently seeing a nuerologist. A physical examination of relexes etc was normal. I've had a nerve damage test done.. normal. I've had a scan of the brain and spine.. normal. I've had a scan of the soles of my feet.. normal. Right now I'm waiting on the results of a few blood tests.

All I have found out in the past 2 years is that I have b12 deficiency. Which I've read up on. I could possibly have other deficiencies as well but never been tested for them. I wonder if it's possible to have nerve damage that doesn't show up on a scan? I'm just so confused. How can you feel all of these things in your body and nothing shows up on a scan?

Anyone know what I could have?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.