Strange penis colour during/after UTI

Posted , 1 user is following.

So when my UTI started I noticed that at the same type penis head/glans colour changed to white ish, expect for the area around the urethra/hole (it is red like it has to be).

My UTI is now pretty much gone, and now I am just about to overcome an irritated bladder. Don't have no lumps, no rashes, nothing else. Also, UTI started in July, I pretty much did not masturbate since then since it did hurt while I had UTI. So, is this normal for the glands (covered by foreskin) to change during UTI? When does it come back?

P.S. I have noticated that when I am in a warm bath, some of that white colour looks more red (like a natural colour).

Do you think it it has something to do with a blood flow or something else?

Thanks.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

* This discoloration started at the same time as UTI.

I had my urine culture checked and have no bacteria left, but sometimes still see very small amounts of pus in the urine rarely, but nothing like it was used to be when I had UTI. And bladder irritation started as soon as I ate a lemon, but now taking aloe vera and seem to be getting better. However, would still like to know what is going on with this discoloration.

• Posted

So is this normal during/after uti?
  • Posted

I seem to be getting much better with my bladder irritation which is now going away, however that penis glans discoloration is still there. I have noticed that my erection is very good since I did not masturbate for like 2-3 months. However, a single masturbation sesion

did not restore the colour. Just like before sometimes a very warm bath does change the colour slightly. Do you guys think that it will take quite a few erections to restore the colour here?

• Posted

I had an appointment with a urologist who did not find anything (he checked bladder/kidneys with that ultrasound thing and check penis as well). He said that I should keep trying to pull the foreskin down since it should go lower (keep doing that in a bath).

He could not tell me anything about the discoloration and when I asked is there a cream for this he prescribed an antifungal cream (clotrimazol) and when I asked if it would help, he sounded like he became frustrated and said that he prescribed it because I asked for a cream, wtf.

• Posted

I still have an irritated urinary tract/bladder but it is much better than it was. Could the colour change be caused by an inflammation which takes time to heal? When I saw an urologist 6 months ago, he though that the colour difderence was not a big deal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.