Strange periods

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed around 2 years ago and was put on the combined pill to regulate my periods, as i was getting one every other week (2 in a month). Having struggled recently with tiredness, i went to the doctor in which they gave me a B12 booster injection (related to iron), but also referred me to the endocrinologist where i was told that the doctors were wrong to diagnose me with PCOS as they didnt follow the correct procedure. Last week i had more blood tests after coming off my pill since the beginning of September, but the only period i've had (apart from my withdrawal bleed) has lasted two weeks inconsitently and it's only been brown, ive had no blood and some days there's no brown, but the next there is - I don't think that this is normal?

Thank you to anyone that has any advice or information that is helpful to me!

Mel

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just to let you know, the brown is old blood, so you've had some blood, which is good. I've got PCOS and get brown blood if I forget to take the pill. So when I take it, and get a withdrawal bleed, its usually brown then red.

Hope this helps.

Melissa

• Posted

Hi! i had my withdrawal bleed and it was a normal period brown to start and then red, but since then i've had this two weeks of just brown and nothing else

• Posted

Oh! Sorry! I mis-understood. Yes, that is odd. Sounds like you need an ultrasound.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.