Strange psvt symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been experiencing strange symptoms lately. I get this burning sensation in my chest and my skin will be very sensitive. If my shirt or jacket is resting on my chest it feels soo uncomfortable. If i press on my chest it hurts a little and it worries me. I went to urgent care and told them about the burning and gave me heartburn medication but didnt help much, just made me dizzy. Am i losing it or could they be just more symptoms of psvt?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I often have extremely sensitive skin but am pretty sure it is not linked to SVT. Antihistamine helps in my case. I haven't had or heard mention of the burning sensation you describe in the chest. Others here might have had different experiences, but I'd be surprised if either are due to SVT so I would see a GP about both if I were you.
  • Posted

Cherrios87, I'm glad u got some really great replies to your post. Svt is definitely scary but is not life threatening. Are u seeing your doctor for these symptoms? Perhaps this would make u feel less anxious if u did. Maybe your anxiety over the svt Is causing these symptoms. Hang in there, I hope u get some answers😊
    • Posted

Hello, I saw my doctor following my hospital visit but he didn't seem too concerned and didn't really answer any of my questions. He did though refer me to a cardiologist. My appointment is in 2 weeks. Until then I'm trying to relax but these symptoms are just getting to me and stressing me out. Everytime I feel a stab,a prick, burning or pain in my chest i panic and want to call 911 but I dont.
    • Posted

Did your Dr. give u any idea what it could be? I'm sorry the visit didn't put your mind at ease. A pain in your chest is nothing to take lightly, but most times it's nothing.
    • Posted

I went to the e.r twice before seeing my doctor and that's where I was diagnosed. I went to urgent care for the burning and was given heartburn medicine which helped with some of the burning but not the skin sensitivity and it made me dizzy so I stopped. I'm trying to switch doctors atm but in the mean time all I've got is this site and a couple other forums to help give me more insight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.