Strange Rash Suddenly Appeared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Woke up the other day to find a strange rash formed on my lower left leg it seemed rash and was beginning to blister into a yellow colour alongside the red rash. I went to the doctor today and they said its nothing and they don't know what it is but I'm still a little concerned as I don't understand where its come from. Haven't used any new products and haven't hurt it so am really stumped as to how this has happened. Any help or advise would be appreciated thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First thing that comes to mind is poison ivy ,or other irritating plants that are out there.

Also do you live near Armadillos ? They can carry leprosy ,it's rare but it can happen.

Keep investigating but maybe your DR is right.

Blisters will dry in a few days

• Posted

Thank you I don't live near armadillos not really sure what it is but will just keep an eye on it and see how things go hopefully it'll clear up soon, thanks for your reply, much appreciated

• Posted

My first thought was Bullous Impetigo,which forms yellow filled blisters,sometimes with a red rash but not always. It appears out of the blue and usually disappears after a few weeks . Dont pop the blisters but keep them well washed. if they do burst you may have a sore patch but this should dry and heal with no problem

Its very contagious,so dont touch any babies or pregnant ladies or anyone being treated with chemotherapy as these are the people with lower resistance.

There is another sort of Impetigo which doesnt have these blisters,but both are caused by an infection entering the skin via a cut or insect bite or just a shaving nick.

If it hasnt cleared in 3 weeks or has spread with no sign of it clearing up then do go back to your doctor.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply really helpful will keep an eye on it and if there's no change in a few weeks will go back to my doctor we had read up about this and wondered if it was a possibility so will have to see how things go... really appreciate the advice, thanks again

• Posted

Hi Holski,

Are these blisters painful? If you are really in pain, check it with another doctor because it really looks like epidermolysis bullosa to me. The condition causes sores isolated to a single spot, like the heel after wearing a tight shoe. With epidermolysis bullosa, the painful bumps commonly form all over the body, leading to a great deal of pain for the sufferer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.