Strange rib/breast pain that's lasted for 3 weeks?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm 17 years old female and recently I've been getting a terrible burning sensation around my left breast. I have previously been diagnosed with coatochondritis. There are a couple of tender points on my  ribs below my left breast which cause a lot of pain when I press them. I have also been experiencing stabbing/ burning pain under my left armpit, left shoulder blade and my left side of rib cage. I went back to the doctors and she examined my breast to check for lumps and she told me that there were no lumps an that it was coatochondritis. I was given Co codamol for 2 weeks an it hasn't helped at all. The pain seems to be worse when I lay down on either side. Sometimes it travels to my right side too. Can coatochondritis really be causing this much pain?????

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes it can, mine is going on for a month now and I get pains all over me now. I think am gonna scheduled an appointment with my doctor to see if I can do an xray but in the mean time... Ask your doctor to prescribe voltaren and mydocalm tablets for you or take 200 mg ibuprofen

• Posted

I did but I also have lumps in my breast and had a mammogram and ultrasound. I also have the rib pain and the sternum hurts as well. It's every day but not all day it comes and goes. I think it depends on the person.

• Posted

Yes that makes me think I have breast cancer. My doctor ordered some blood test for me to do and also a sonogram because the pain moves to my abdomen also.. At first I thought it was a heart attack but when I did an ECG and it came back with normal sinus rhythm normal beats but there was something that puzzled me that part where it said right bundle brunch blockage but my doctor says its nothing and my heart is perfectly OK. AK still worried but I learnt that stress can make it worst... I have to vistit my doctor again Tuesday for a check up.. I want to do an xray but he is not allowing me so ammo do it privately . this can take up to months to heal even a year and the pain gets more intense when it comes back
    • Posted

Wow, I also thought I had breast cancer but my doctor shrugged it off because of my age. I've had a chest x ray, multiple blood tests testing for different things and I've also had 3 ECG's and they all came back normal. I honestly have no idea what the next step is because all my doctor keeps doing is telling me I have costochondritis and to take my medication but I'm almost finish with my tablets and they haven't helped at all. I would like to have a mammogram just to put my mind at ease but they haven't suggested that. A couple of days ago my breast started to feel hard and really hot but I was on my period so I assumed it was hard tissue and not lumps. Ahhh I don't know! Thankyou for replying x

• Posted

Is your pain constant or does it come and go?
    • Posted

It goes and comes but when it comes it's more painful than before. I went back to my doctor today and he's sending me to do an ultrasound on my breast

• Posted

I can feel it constantly but the pain sometimes gets worse, especially when I press on it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.