strange sensation in abdomen

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having ongoing problems sinvce having my gallbladder removed in may (pain and digestive issues). I've also begun to notice a wierd feeling that my intestines and upper abdomen are vibrating. This is particulatly noticable when i'm lying down. I'm a bit wary of bringing this up with the doc as it all sounds a bit bizarre! Has anyone else experienced this or know what it could be?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry,  I don't have any answers for your condition as a I still have my gall bladder but I would like to ask you,  what was the reason for getting it removed?  If it was for pain,  did you notice any relief besides the vibration of your intestines that you are experiencing? I'm considering getting mine removed as I've suffered with stomach pain for over 11 years now.  It's becoming almost unbearable. 
    • Posted

Hi there,

unfortunately I seem to be one of the unlucky people who continues to get pain after having my gallbladder removed. At the moment I'm still in the same position pain wise and can only eat small amounts of low fat foods. Having said that, I personally know 5 others who have had the same op and have no problems at all. Most seem to recover fully quite quickly.

• Posted

I am very sorry to hear that. With my luck I would most likely suffer the same outcome as I have suffered for years to no avail. But docs have never suggested I remove mine so I assume my gallbladder is working perfectly fine ddespite all this pain.  I hope you get better.
    • Posted

Sorry, just re-read your post! I had my gb out due to continual pain which they said was billiary colic. I could hardly eat due to having pain afterwards. I was found to have gallstones when I had an u/sound done. Is your pain triggered by anything in particular?
    • Posted

Are you sure you are feeling vibration or flutterring? How long since your surgery? You should try a warm compress when lying down.
  • Posted

I haven't had the operation, but thought/think I may have gallbladder problems. With much research I have heard a lot of people mention something called SOD (Sphyncter of Oddi Disfunction?) where there is something wrong with the flaps in the bile ducts that cause pain. Not sure if it helps, but might be something to discuss with a doctor?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.