Strange sensation in arms, vein or tendon related

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

Over the last year I've been experiencing a strange pain in both my right and left arm, near my elbow, but extending upwards towards my armpit and occasionally down through my fingers - hard to pinpoint exactly where it is stemming from. It isn't a constant pain but occurs when either pressure is applied to certain areas of my arm or I'm exercising, using weights or doing yoga. It's frequent that when I have my arm in a certain position I'll get a 'twang' or 'ping' through my bicep which can also be felt in my hand. I can also experience pins and needles from it and if in a certain position for a long period of time feel a sense of light-headedness - almost as if it's restricting blood flow. It can be both

I've wondered if this is perhaps tendon related or some kind of swelling/constriction to a main vein or artery, or even relating to a certain pulse. It doesn't cause regular discomfort but it's something I frequently aware of.

If anyone has any idea of where I can look further or might be experiencing a similar issues, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks,

Matt

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.