Strange sensation in vagina after UTI and antibiotics?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a month or so ago I was given antibiotics for a suspected UTI (my first) - an intense sting and pain after urination and discomfort/burning in between. The first prescription didn't clear it all so I was given another dose of the same medication a week or so after.

Anyway, a few days ago I began experiencing a very odd sensation in my vagina (?) almost as if there is something stuck inside there? I can't think how else to describe it.. maybe as though a tampon hasn't been inserted correctly? There definitely isn't any kind of physical object in there, so I'm quite concerned, I have never felt anything like this before!

There is no itching or pain, and I haven't really noticed any discharge (etc). At least nothing too out of the ordinary. I'm 25 years old and have been with the same partner for a few years so an STI or something similar seems quite unlikely. Has anyone had this before? Is it maybe thrush or a yeast infection? ANY at all help would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou! x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had similar problems the doctor took a swab and the result was strep'b' still having discharge even

after a course of anti-biotics, and now gone from pantie liners to full pads, have to see my oncologist this

week so maybe she can throw some light on the problem, yes 2 years this November I had a full

hysterectomy, tubes taken etc and bi-op taken from surrounding area, all went well until this May when I

stared with sever pain when passing water which was caused by a very bad water infection, ani-biotics

helped but now have the bloody/discharge which is getting more by the day. will let you know how I get on.

• Posted

Hello, do you have any update ? Im desperately finding the cure for thisĀ  [sad]

Thanks [smile]

• Posted

Hello, do you have any update ? Im desperately finding the cure for this sad

Thankssmile

• Posted

I have had something similar but it went away on its own but flares up every now and again :-(

Going back to docs this week x

Possibly herpia virus or vaginitis i think x

Will let u know if i get anywhere with doc x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.