Strange sensation lower-right abdomen

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone suffer with a sort of dull aching sensation in the lower right abdomen between the hip and pubic bone? Ive had it on and off for a while but it seems to be there constantly for the last few days. Its not so much a pain but an awareness of something is there and its very irritating! I tend to have a bowel movement every four to five days and its always been a struggle but this sensation is a new thing for me. I've been eating bran in the morning for the last few days so I'm wondering if this is the cause of the pain/feeling? I recently had an ultrasound scan which showed all was ok but it was explained that they 'dont look at the bowels' and I would need the camera for that. Gp suspects IBS but would this be the cause of this strange feeling?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have very similar issues. im inclined to think that is feces sitting idol and not passing properly. if you are having such infrequent bowl movements its more than likely that. at least i think thats my problem.

• Posted

Yes I think you may be right. I've been taking Dulcoease stool softener for the past few days and the sensation has eased considerabley although I'm still aware of it upon waking. My problem is I cannot take Movicol or anything similar as it gives me such loose stools that I cant leave the house. I sometimes think that I dont actually eat enough to make a good bulky stool in order to have a bm every day.

• Posted

you might be right about that. I have the same problem in regards to not eating enough. PSYLLIUM fiber actually acts like a magnet and binds the stool into a singal particle I did not believe that really worked but it helps. also i take olive oil and coconut oil supplements they also help lubricate the GI TRACT.

I know you have probably heard this 1 million times, but hydration is important. I noticed, the more water I drink, the less problems I have. I am a teacher so it is hard to drink a lot of liquid, so I get how difficult this could be. However, it does help, it will not illuminate the problem like many say, but it helps. Stool softener’s Also help, so you are definitely doing a good thing by taking those.

I AM NOT familiar with MOVICOL are you from the UK? I live in the US, and I am not familiar with that medication, but I do believe we have something similar. I have experimented with many prescription laxatives and some are very hard to tolerate. For me, I take mine before bed. There are pros and cons to doing this, but it ensures me that I only experience side effects at home and not while I’m out and about. You may also just have air in your system, this also comes from in frequent bowel movements. I know this is one of the most frustrating ailments to have, so I feel your pain and you have my sympathy, this is not easy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.