Strange sensations

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is the first time I have posed here but I am just wondering if anyone has felt as I do. I have been going through the menopause for a while now, I forget how long to be honest. Mostly I seem to manage ok but just recently I have been experiencing some strange sensations that are now starting to freak me out. I dont think you can really cause it dizziness its more a feeling of disorientation it feels as if I am not really inside myself kind of at the side of myself, I know it sounds kind of crazy doesnt it! I have a lot to deal with at the moment going through all this, working full time, taking care of my family and also caring for my elderly parents so maybe its anxiety too although I get these sensations when I dont feel anxious. I have always suffered with headaches but just recently they have got worse. I have disc problems in my neck which my doctor says explains the headaches and also the tingling I get in my head although I am not sure myself. These sensations dont seem to have any pattern they can last for a couple of hours or more and then sometimes just pass in the blink of an eye. As strokes run in my family it just worries me that I could be heading for one myself. I also suffer with a lot of aching muscles and joint pain which I find really annoying. I have an appointment with my doctor again on Tuesday but right now that seems like a long way off. Any thoughts would be most welcome and thanks for reading.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I do sympathise with you what you are going through is horrible but quite normal for the menopause the more you worry the more your anxiety levels will rise making your symtons much worse .i have read a few people who are experience these strange outer body episodes me included it's like your ears are full and you can't hear or feel yourself walking very strange 

good luck I hope you get an answer 

Lynn 

• Posted

Thanks Lynn, its good to know am not alone because it is just the weirdest feeling and you are right as soon as it starts I get anxious and then the worse it gets.  Vicious circle.  I think if my doctor can rule out it being anything else then maybe I'll be able to handle it better.  Hope you are coping ok too x
  • Posted

I too have those feelings so you're not alone but I do think its anxiety that causes them. Anxiety is at its highest during the menopause which scares me as I do suffer from anxiety attacks and they are so so frightening.  I sometimes gets tingling numbness on my right side of my head/face which has been put down to tight muscles in the neck so not menopause related but I do ache! I have reflexology every 6 weeks which is fab as she picked up my hormone imbalance so works a bit harder to try and get it on track. Worth checking with doctors even just from an anxious point of view.  Take care
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Tracky, you are right as soon as I get that sensation it makes me really anxious, especially the thought that I might actually pass out or something and then I get locked in a vicious circle until things calm down.  Its funny what you say about your tingling down the right side of your head as that is where I get mine too, some days it really can be quite bad.  Usually my GP is very understanding so I am hoping she will be able to reassure me.  I may look into the whole reflexology thing its something I have already thought about and I would certainly be interested in your book when you have chance to post the name.  Take care
  • Posted

Reflexology is also good for anxiety and that was why I initially started to have it.  I jump all the time where my body is trying to relax and eventually it does worth every penny :-) I'm really hoping it helps during the menopause too. My sister sent me a good book which I don't have to hand at mo but will post what it's called and it hits the nail on the head with a lot of the feelings we are going through.
  • Posted

Hi Lancsrose

I don't recognise your symptoms as such but I can identify with struggling through jobs, managing the usual chores and caring for elderly parents whilst having to deal with menopause. Also family history of strokes both parents.Sometimes you need to reassess what is achievable in life and maybe make some changes. Is there anyway you can reduce your hours or get some help for your parents? I hope all goes well on Tuesday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.