Strange sensations

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was recently doing better with my anxiety and frequent panic attacks.  Recently though I have developed a new symptom which has me terrified.  I get this strange feeling of instant pressure behind my ears with a low Ringing. It comes on quick with an instant feeling of light head feeling. Has anyone experienced this.  It's happening more frequently and I'm fighting the urge to go back to the ER but I'm freaking out. My doc gave me a prescription for. 5 clonazepam to take as need but I'm scared to take too many.  I guess I have a 2 part question. First, has anyone felt this symptom? Second, how much clonazepam is too much? I want to take it daily but do not want to become addicted. Please help. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The best advice is if you dont want to take anxiety meds is don't. You do t have to, never be forced. Therapy is a great option - it works just as well as meds and is safer. If you do want to take them,then take them as instructed by your doctor, no more and no less
  • Posted

I think you might be speaking about tinnitus ...which is common with stress or anxiety. I think you'll be ok with the meds as you are aware you could addicted and are careful. it's the people who over take them that run into trouble but I agree, talk therapy is abetter choice and non addictive as well. Good luck!
  • Posted

I think you might be speaking about tinnitus ...which is common with stress or anxiety. I think you'll be ok with the meds as you are aware you could addicted and are careful. it's the people who over take them that run into trouble but I agree, talk therapy is abetter choice and non addictive as well. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi George, I think what you are feeling is anxiety.  You are worried about the medication and that in turn is making you have those sensations. I used to feel lightheaded when l was anxious.  I sometimes can feel my heart pumping. 

As for the medication sorry I can't help on that.

• Posted

Hi, George.  I take low doses of Clonazepan, and for me it works well...Xanax only stays in your system a short while, where Clonazepan stays in for about 70 hrs, fighting anxiety.  If I were you, I would take one when you are feeling anxious, and it will help you with your panic attacks, and ward them off before them begin...Good luck...
  • Posted

Hi George jmcg is correct re therapy but is obviously very anti meds, reading your post it doesn't suggest you don't want to take them just frightened to do so which is understandable (sorry jmcg but that's the impression your giving in previous posts), meds have a valuable part to play in recovery as well as therapy so I'd suggest that there is no harm in compromising and perhaps take 1 as directed by your GP and see how you get on. You won't get addicted if your follow your GP advise. 

Neil 

• Posted

I should have mentioned I am also seeing a therapist.  I can't get back in to my doc for 2 weeks and he mentioned maybe starting cipralex at that point. I intend on continuing with therapy through this battle even with the meds. I was thinking of using the clonazepam once daily for the next 2 weeks to cope until I can see my doc.  Does this sound excessive. I know everyone is different but can tolerance and addiction act that fast 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.