Strange sensations after L4-5 fusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm wondering if other L4-5 fusion patients experience strange sensations throughout various parts of body!? I get different tastes and a feeling of a cool flushing in throats and chest.. among other odd sensations! I understand nerves healing etc. but is anyone else feeling it in upper body and trigeminal nerves in face??? Thanks!

Also, how long does this heavy weight feeling on incision area last? I'm @ 6 wks.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi LJ,

I had an xlif of L3,4 and 5 with a laminectomy 6 weeks ago. I am also feeling the same sensations in my throat, legs and feet. It is frustrating to say the least and makes me very nervous. I am just now getting a weird taste in my mouth. I see my surgeon tomorrow and will be asking for answers. I am also sweating a lot at night. I did Google my symptoms and it sounds like this might be normal. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. You might want to call or see your surgeon also. Good luck

• Posted

Hi sherill

Thank you for your reply.

Well it is nice to know I'm not alone with strange sensations! It can make me anxious as well! And oh yes I was sweating so much at night I often changed my pajamas! It's gotten bit better though.

Boy how are you getting along? Just having my L4-5 fused with laminectomy n decompression was but tougher than I expected!

I'm progressing however sometimes I worry if I will ever be normal again!

Best recovery wishes to you!

Thanks LJE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.