Strange Shoulder Movement

Posted , 4 users are following.

I play baseball, and I recently began practicing again and I've noticed that when I throw the ball, I feel a kind of shifting or clicking in my shoulder. This also happens to me now when I bench press. I'm not sure as to what the issue may be as there's never any pain in my shoulder, even when this happens. The only thing I feel in my shoulder is this movement and it is somewhat uncomfortable but never hurts. I'm worried that I may have a serious injury which would stop me from playing, so I'd like to know if it may be serious, so that I know if its worth being checked out by a doctor or not.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Michael

where do you live? I live in UK.

I often get similar popping/creaking noises in shoulder at certain movements. I have wear and tear and some oesteoarthritis plus torn ligament.

Best get checked with your doctor.

My physiotherapist tells me not to worry.

Like you it doesnt really when i get that noise. However i do get pain from the torn ligament and inflamed bursa.

• Posted

It sounds like it could be shoulder crepitus. Make an appointment with a physio to see what they think. There are some exercises to help if it is that.

• Posted

Michael they say when in doubt give a doctor a shout and I believe in that. Two people could have the exact same symptoms but have different issues so let a doctor examine you and get the proper tests done. Hope you don't require surgery. Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.