strange side effects with anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me? I have had anxiety for about 15months now. I started when i was driving i had a full on adrenaline rush from my knees to my chest. I then had another straight after then i was weak. Also it felt like a out of body experience and thought that this was it i was going to die right there. I known it sounds dramatic but that is how i felt at the time. Now i have the same feeling all the time which is not good. I can't seem to get pass this yet and wonder if anyone can help me please. Thankyou for reading 😞

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi have you been to the doctors. You should perhaps see a counsellor. Best of luck
  • Posted

Hiya,

Sorry to hear how you feel ,I know exactly how you feel I am there also my problem being what ever meds. They give me I can not tolerate so it's down to me which I am not in control of,have had CBT did not work for me but don't let me put you off if meds.or counselling is offered you because a lot of people get on well with it.

Keep posting on here I will always answer you.Not much help I know but wish you Good Luck and a better 2014.

• Posted

Hi thankyou. I have been to the doctors and hospital had lots of tests for things like blood pressure,ecg,stroke ect all came back ok. I have had couciling for 7weeks but that has now stopped. I take fluoxetine and i have. Ra so take a few meds but had them ages

the anxiety is 24/7 even waking me in the night. If anyone feels the same could you say as i feel on my own with this any advice would be appreciated

😞

• Posted

Hi Sally,

Yes I wake n the night in a panic and the sweating,had all the tests like you or normal it is our minds that do all these strange things .It is a powerful thing the mind and thinks I will give you this ache or pain today then I don't know about you I then go into panic that I have everything,and the Dr Google on here is scary so I don't go near that now.nice to get your reply and Ε·es it is awful.

• Posted

Sounds to me like you're taking an anti-anxiety medication or an anti-depressant. Am I right by any chance?
  • Posted

Yes i was taking the fluxatine for depression which started after my sister died,then i had a plural fusion and was totally convinced the doctor was wrong,it all started like that and now it just seems to get worse. I try and be positive but find it hard, i still have the pain from the plural fusion after two years so on one hand I think if it was anything bad it would have got worse but then the anxiety takes over and i think allsorts. The doctor said it was health anxiety i have but just cannot get passed this stage. Thankyou for your feedback 😊
  • Posted

I am so sorry to hear about you're sister. But honey, you're Prozac is creating all of you're symptoms and problems. You just made a partial list of most of Prozac's side effects that are listed. Anxiety, panic, depression. ect. Please look up Prozac on the Internet and read the Warnings, Uses, and Side effects and you're going to see yourself on every page. I didn't even know they used Prozac anymore. Every anti-depressant has side effects. And withdrawal symptoms as well. Does this all sound too crazy to you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.