Strange stomach symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been clear of ibs symptoms for 2 months up until last week. I had a take away and got really bad stomach pains that evening with quite a lot of bloating. The next day I felt ok but thought I would play it safe and keep a close eye on my diet and stick with gluten free (as this seems to help) over the following days.

Anyway last Thursday I started feeling crap and have remained feeling bad since. I've been 100% gluten free now for 8 days, have limited my sugar intake and usually this has always settled my system... But it hasn't.

Wondering what these symptoms point towards... Foamy saliva, weird gnawing pain in stomach, slight burning in throat, stomach noises, anxiety, dizzyness, tiredness, aching legs??? If I eat anything within 10 minutes I get strange pains in my stomach. I don't seem to have diahrrea, I've bed really tired though. I have also got this weird dull ache down my legs. This is really different to any of my typical ibs. Usually I just have diahrrea. Like I said I've been free of symptoms for the past 2 months and now something strange is going on?

Ta.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

havent a clue hope someone can help you very strange 

all i can think of is that you had something that you were alergic to 

sounds like a bad alergic reaction to me

• Posted

I have wondered that too. Particularly the gluten side of things! That's why I'm planning to stay gluten free for 1 month to see if things improve... The idea being that my body possibly recovered previously as I was gluten free prior to this little episode and I've just wrecked it by eating gluten containing foods? I'm not diagnosed coeliac though.

• Posted

i drink bottled still water with peeled and sliced cucumber in 

daily as much as i can as its supposed to be a gentle liver detox 

might be worth a try 

maybe your liver needs a little help with getting rid of what ever it was that 

upset you .iv felt better since iv been doing it .cant hurt 

i make it up in a fridge jug every couple of days 

• Posted

use about half a cumcumber each time 
  • Posted

I know of people with CD who have symptoms for 2 weeks from gluten. sad  If it affects you, even without Coeliac, it could still have side effects, I suppose. 

When were you diagnosed with IBS? It's possible that you have some other digestive disorder or even deficiency of some kind...many of your symptoms sound like my low B12. (CD was just ruled out for me but I do have IBS)

I hope you're better soon!!

• Posted

Hi Ned, Be very careful, because since 1993 i have been diagnosis with Diverticulosis. When you go to a different doctor and tell him what your precious Dr says they just take it from there. Just until I was hospitalized in 2012 and a doctor came in and listened to me did he tell me, this is not what I had. Well i made an appointment with him and his nurse set me up for an endoscopy and they found pre cancerous metaplasia and it has to be treated with antibiotics for 3 months. There was also found, a bacteria in my stomach call H Pylori which also has to be treated with antibiotics, my thing is I can't take antibiotics, they hurt my stomach and I have to get in bed or be sedated. I have found out from a NaturalPath Doctor how to get rid of these things. Be careful and be safe, they say IBS never goes away. Be Bless Just wanted to share.     
  • Posted

Hi Ned: i forgot to mention, I was told that 94% of the people in the world has H Pylori, but if you have a strong immune system, it never affects them at all. 
  • Posted

Hi.

Thanks for the replies. So the gluten free ked helping it something strange is going on in just my stomach. I know this because I belch a lot, feel sick at times... But don't have diahrrea.

I'm thinking this is either a SIBO flare up or H pylori.

• Posted

I think I have got either h pylori or SIBO. Whenever I eat something with sugar in it I burp lots and get stomach pains. I get I degradation and heartburn. It seems to all be in my stomach.
  • Posted

I decided to stop eating gluten foods since last July, I've stopped having coffee, pasta. Cakes, parties and bread and feel a lot better...and then last tues tried gluten free pasta and have been ill, upset stomach, tiredness, awful stomach cramps , bloatedness... I was tested for cealiac but blood test was negative however, several people, I know said it isn't accurate and tested positively after  having the stomach biopsy... It's a long old process, I'm struggling to find foods to eat now.... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.