Strange Symptom

Posted , 7 users are following.

Okay Ladies,

I noticed that sometimes things seem to look a little darker. I don't mean this metaphorically. I mean literally like there is not enough light. I know anxiety can play some tricks on you physically and maybe that's what it is I don't really know. Has anyone else expierenced this?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have never experience this but it doesn't seem right.. Think you defiantly need to see a dr about this xx
    • Posted

I have. I have had a ct scan, eye exams and all and nothing wrong. I believe it may be anxiety. Usually when this happens I'm anxious and I've had a lot of strange things happen when I'm anxious.
    • Posted

I think it's anxiety too. I had it yesterday and I was anxious all day. Just something else to add to the list.
  • Posted

I can't remember what stage you are at now Jamie, but I did have a complaint something like.

It was just over 12 years ago so early peri.

I described it as if I had a dirty net curtain over my eyes, I went to the doctor and optician and all was fine then.

About a year later needed reading specs, I could read ok in very bright light but in the evening artificial light sight was useless and now I've just been diagnosed with a cataract.

• Posted

I probably do need glasses. I stare at a lot of electronics every day so I wouldn't be surprised at that. Not to mention I have had some strange things happen due to anxiety, so it could be that as well. I don't know which stage I'm at. I don't get the headaches and sore breast anymore. I get the anxiety, doom and gloom, depression, night sweats, insomnia, internal shaking, lighter periods that come between 22 and 27 days. I only get the symptoms right before and after my period. Things calm down for about a week or two.
  • Posted

Don't know if this is what you are speaking about, but everything seems a few shades darker to me. I went to eye dr, I have blepharitis, and my prescription had changed a little from about six months before. 
    • Posted

That would be it. Things seem a few shades darker at times. I am starting to realize that I have had strange things happen over the course of the last three years that may have been signs and I didn't recognize it. About a year ago I woke up with one eye swollen and it had scabs on it like I scratched it. Don't know where it came from. I thought I had an allergic reaction to something because at that time I did have a reaction to some hair dye. It didn't mess with my vision or anything. It went away in about a week and never happened again.
    • Posted

Well, I don't know if it's my blepharitis, menopause, or something else, since I have medical stuff going on too. When did you last see your eye dr?
    • Posted

It was about 6 months ago. Its time to see him again. I will mention it to him. I'm not sure if it's any relation to anything anymore. I don't put everything down to peri/meno. I just want to see if anyone else have some of these expierences.
    • Posted

I'm the same way. So many of the symptoms for one, are the same symptoms for another. Hard to tell! Yes, I would have my eyes checked again and see if it's anything. 
  • Posted

Yes me too. Sorry I don't have a reason why or a solution though xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.