strange symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been having some strange symptoms?, I feel very dizzy and like i'm going to black out for about 10 minuites to half hour intermitantly. I have been feeling unwell for 2 months now and have a strange sensation in the lower chest / top of stomach and tingling in my hands and face.

?the intermitant feeling of blacking out is rearly intense, i feel terrible, like i'm about to die.

?i have seen the doctor sevral times but i dont think he is taking me seriously, its not a panic atack as i am not a panicky person and am not breathing heavily, i also have muscel twitching quite a lot but that maybe due to a back injury, i have wondered if it may be a spinal fluid leak as i have had 4 operations on my spine but my doctor didnt think so.

?i thought it could be some type of seizure as the realy terible feelings and dizzyness last for 10 to 30 mins.

?i have had an EEG and blood tests but were all clear

?any advice would be very much appreciated.

thanks   

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi , have you had your b12 vit d and cortisol levels checked
    • Posted

thanks for reply, i have and all fine.
  • Posted

Hi Daniel

I think you should see another doctor asap and ask to have a 24hr halter monitor on. This will check your heart rhythm and blood pressure hopefully when your having a blackout. I'd be very concerned about the black outs as it may be a cardiac problem. To eliminate the suggestion by your doctor it's a panic attack, next time the blackout is coming on, grab a paper bag, lay on your bed and hold the bag firmly around your mouth and breathe in and out into it. If it's a panic attack this will stop the backout and tingling. ECG only shows the heart rhythm at that time and if you have any coronary artery blockages but your problem may be an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs intermittently or spasms. Tingling fingers etc if not connected to the blackouts can be vitamin B12 deficiency or as you mentioned spinal issues . I would definately get another Drs opinion. Good luck

• Posted

hi, thanks for the reply, i am now changing doctors as i dont think i'm beeing taken seriously?, i realy dont think i am having a panic attack as i dont breath heavily like i have seen other people do when having one.

i have been taking B12 supliment just in case so i think i can now rule that out.

?i have been looking around on the net and think i may have a type of epilepsy? as i have noticed it useuly comes on when i have been watching tv but that may just be a coincident.

?i think the reson the doctor dosnt take it seriously is that when i see him like most of the time i'm fine but when an attack happens i feel so terible, a way i just cant describe, like i am about to die and i know what its like to feel bad as i have had 4 operations on my spine and this feels worse.

thanks again.

?Dan.

• Posted

A quick question: Did you have you B12 level checked with those blood tests?
    • Posted

hi, no but i have been taking a B12 supliment just incase but did not help.

• Posted

Here is the kicker about that: I too was taking suppliments and I thought if it didn't help, that must not be the issue. However, I seem to have developed an autoimmune disease that prevents me from absorbing the B12 conventionally - which is to say, through the stomach. I was taking 5 times the daily recommendation and when my doctor tested for B12 levels she was shocked to see that they were at 150 (should be greater than 375)! Needless to say, I have just begun injections, and I will update you about that progress. You should check out the other symptoms of B12 deficiency and if you have more than 2-3, I would definitely talk to your doctor about it!

• Posted

get your b12 and vit d checked by a gp  , if its low you need injections as the tablets dont reach the cells where its needed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.