Strange Symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have been feeling pretty awful and I'm wondering if anyone has felt similar symptoms. About 10 days ago I started feeling incredible dizzy. Not like the room was spinning, more like I had 1000 pounds of pressure pushing down on me. A few days later I started noticing weakness in my hands. Then I started having a weird sensation in my jaw. It felt very stiff and all my teeth felt like they were being squeezed together. I also started feeling tingling behind my nose. All of these symptoms have been off and on since. My dizziness is pretty constant and has gotten worse. My hands and arms still feel weak, but it's definitely been worse in my right hand. A few times a day my hand gets very stiff and I can barely move my fingers. This lasts about 20 minutes and then it goes back to just feeling weak and slightly uncoordinated. I also have had pressure in my lower back. No pain, just a feeling like something is pressing on it. I'm sorry this is so rambly. I'm scared and confused as to what's going on. I have been to the ER twice and they think it's a virus. It's hard for me to believe that. Has anyone experienced something similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Make an appt. with a top notch internist.  I for one am not happy with ER's.  Many stories about not diagnosing

correctly.  I had electric shocks up and down my leg and a very sharp pain in my right thigh.I went to my GP

and asked him if I needed an MRI. Said no and gave me pills. I decided to make an appt. with neurologist

and had EMG test and MRI. Spinal stenosis and sciatica. You could also make an appt. with a neurologist

and forgo the internist. When you make the appt. tell them you are in a great deal of pain and would like to see

someone asap.  Look up neurologist profile to make sure he is top notch.

I'm sure it is nothing serious and make that appt. right away. 

Best of luck to you and don't worry.

• Posted

You should try to get an appointment as soon as you can with your primary and a good neurologist.  I am not sure what you are experiencing but these doctors can order labs and tests to narrow down what is wrong. I had numbness that started in my face and affected my hands (weakness) and my balance following a vaccine. I also had ascending numbness/weakness in my legs.  My neurologist believes that I had Miller Fisher Syndrome which is a variant of Guillain Barre Syndrome.  I received great physical therapy which helped me regain my strength in my hands and legs. I also saw a physical therapist who specialized in balance disorders and fixed my dizziness and coordination.  I had lots of tests while they tried to rule out different problems. Then, in the meantime, I was able to get great physical therapy. It took awhile.  I went back and forth to the ER which didn't help too much but I didn't know where to go or what to do.  I know how scary these symptoms can be though.  I hope you feel better soon and find out what is wrong.

• Posted

I have been experiencing the same symptoms. I’m terrified. I have had the same symptoms for as long as you just about ontop of all the other health problems I’ve been having for months. Doctor doesn’t believe me and tells me to go to counseling for anxiety. Ridiculous. Only one neurologist who takes my insurance and neeed a referral from my primary. Lol what a joke. I hope you find out what’s wrong! Let us know when you figure it out. Best of luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.