strange symptoms doc thinks gall bladder I'm not convinced

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay here we go I'm 28 year old male. The last 2 years have been a roller coaster with no answers it started 2 years ago I had yellow loose stools that looked like food wasnt being digested and pain in my abdominal. They did a abdominal Ct scan came back normal they then did a colonoscopy didnt find anything said eh it's probably ibs. So I decided to ignore it pain came and went stools remained abnormal. Then last December I started having trouble swallowing certain foods and heart burn so they did a endoscopy and a barium swallow only thing they came back with was a mild hiatal hernia. About month later my abdominal pain is now getting worse. Usually on lower parts of ribs or below it with tenderness on both sides the pain which used to come and go is now constant as far as the pain scale goes most of the time it ranges 2-5 (10 being the worst) eating and breathing dont have any effect on it doesn't make it better or worse the only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm asleep they did a ultrasound came back normal said I have kinda fatty liver but weren't concerned they then had me do a chest ct scan to see if it was my chest or lungs came back fine they said I had one nodule in upper right of lung but was extremely small and think it is benign I've been to E.R. twice now they have checked my blood and everything says normal. I went to my doc and they want to do HIDA scan she believes its my gall bladder cause of tenderness under right rib but I have tenderness on left as well? I now have been experiencing lower back pain as well for last 5 days. Does any of this or time period even remotely sound like gallbladder cause I'm not convinced. Almost all my symptoms and test dont seem to super fit with gallbladder any info would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have they looked at you spleen and kidneys? I have an ultrasound on my liver as routine check on my shunt and one of the ultrasound techs told me they only look at what the orders say. Meaning not the full abdomen is what they are scanning.
    • Posted

No I don't believe they have, unfortunately when they did my ultrasound I believe they only did upper right quadrant. Liver gallbladder, pancreas. Personally I don't know how much faith I have in ultrasounds. I know they are trained to read them but I feel like they aren't very well detailed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.