Strange Symptoms - No Answers - PLEASE HELP - Alternative Medicine? Leaky Gut?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey All, 

I was wondering if any of you can help me. The last couple of months have been hard for me and I just want to start feeling better. I'm begging any of you to take a look at the below and let me know of any insight that you can possibly provide on the matter. 

Over the last four months, I have been experiencing a wide range of strange and disturbing symptoms. I have not found any answers from a traditional healthcare standpoint and decided to reach out to you to see if you've heard of anything like this. Below, I will outline the symptoms that I have been experiencing along with the tests that I have done from a traditional healthcare standpoint. Again, ANY help that you can provide on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a young daughter at home and really need to start getting better.  [sad]  

Symptoms: 

Frequent Heartburn - I've never struggled with heartburn before this. This causes a burning in my chest and tightness in my throat. 

Chest Pains 

Muscle Twitching - Body-Wide... This comes and goes and can be felt anywhere, especially in my legs. 

Muscle Coordination/Off-Balance - I feel like my hands are not coordinated and that my balance is off, though when I test my balance, etc... I seem to be fine. 

Muscle Soreness - This comes and goes and is not brought on by a specific activity. 

Heavy Anxiety/Doom Feelings - These seem to not really be brought on by anything in specific. 

Random Skin Rashes/Tingling Mouth - I do not have any allergies that I am aware of and this is a newer symptom. 

Frequent Belching and Gas 

Urinary Slowness and Frequent 

Vision Floaters 

Heavy fatigue after eating 

Mouth Sores/Blisters 

Hypersensitive Nerves - Water drops are very noticeable, etc. 

Fine Motor Functions Appear to be fine 

Traditional Healthcare Checks: 

Heart Echo and Stress Test - Clear 

Endoscopy and Celic/HPylori Screen - Clear 

Neuro Exams x2 - Clear and no muscle weakness 

Lyme Disease and Western Blot - Clear - Quest Diagnostic

Rhumotoidologist Exam - Clear 

Endocrinologist - Ordered 7-Day Glucose Monitor and Testosterone Check. 

Diabetes Blood Tests - Clear 

Chest X-Ray - Clear 

EKG - Clear 

ANA Test - Mild Positive 

Blood Sugar and C-Pep Tests - Mildly Off - Investigating Further 

CBC Tests - Clear 

Brain MRI - Clear 

Spine MRI - Clear 

Brain CT Scan - Clear 

EEG - Clear 

Lupus Blood Test - Negative 

Inflammation Rate Blood Tests - Negative 

STD Tests - Negative 

Heavy Metals Blood Test - Negative 

Vitamin Blood Tests - Negative 

Parasite Stool Test - Negative 

Vitamin Tests - All Fine - Except Low D 

Kidney and Liver Blood Tests - Clear 

Celiac Blood Test - Positive but then Endoscopy Negative for it. 

I've basically learned to live with these symptoms at this point but I feel like things are getting worse. I keep getting told that I am find but I know that I am not. I find myself missing things sometimes when trying to grab something/missing keyboard keys, getting random rashes, etc. The most disturbing is the muscle twitching that can occur anywhere on my body. 

I am getting nowhere with traditional medicine at this point and I feel that doctors are scratching their heads. I've done so many tests so it is hard to argue with them but I also know that the symptoms are still present and persistent. Really the only thing that we have to go on is a positive ANA test but the Rhumologist says that I am fine. 

My diet and exercise patterns have always been excellent and I do not take any medication. 

I'm really very troubled by everything and am desperate at this point. 

I would really appreciate any information that someone can provide on my issues. 

Thank You,

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have had a period where all the tests didn't show a thing.  Then I went to see a nature path and did a saliva test.  It turned my life around.  I suggest that perhaps that is the route to explore next?

• Posted

Hello Hanny, 

That is actually what I was thinking about doing.. the only issue is that the best one in the area does not accept my insurance and the inital consult is 600$. sad I'm willing to pay for it if I know that I will get some results but I just do not want to end up in the same boat that I am already in. What did you end up getting tested for if you don't mind me asking. 

Thanks! 

• Posted

The result was:  an immune system that no longer functioned properly; gluten sensitivity (made a big difference when I started to avoid gluten);  the need for B12 injections (which also made a difference in my cognitive functioning)  and a list of the supplements that were needed, the need for medication for the adrenal glands.  All has been very beneficial for my well being.  
  • Posted

Hi. I notice you have not had a Thyriod test done ??
    • Posted

Hey Wendy, 

I've had extensive Thyroid testing done, all normal. rolleyes 

Thanks, 

• Posted

I notice you have low vitamin D this can cause nasty symptoms. I assume you have started taking supplements for this?
    • Posted

My most recent vitamin d test came back normal, that and magnesium appear to be fluctuating though.. what would be a good does of D to start at? 2000iu daily? 
    • Posted

If your vitamin D is now normal you should not need it. 800iu daily seems to be a maintenance dose though. Are you being prescribed vitamin D?
    • Posted

The most recent one was normal so I have been hesitant to take any supplements. I was thinking about giving b12 a shot since it is water soluble though. 
  • Posted

Hi

It very well could be a leaky gut. As 80% of the immune system is located in the gut, it’s not surprising that a leaky gut can cause so many problems. I actually have a few of your symptoms. My gut is a mess through eating junk foods and drinking alcohol. I’ve made some improvements, but not enough at this moment in time. If you can manage, start by changing your diet to a Mediterranean style diet, first thing on your plate has to be veg, eat nuts, seeds, pulses, olive oil over your veg. A good probiotic with prebiotic, with 50 billion or more CFU’s. You can buy this on amazon. Take organic bone broth, it’s great for the gut. Try not to eat meat unless it’s organic and from grass fed animals. It takes around 7 to 8 hours to break down meat, it’s hard work for the digestion if you don’t have a good stomach. I have chronic Gastritis, and I had pains in upper right/left quadrant, in fact all of my upper body was in pain until I tried out the Mediterranean diet. I’ve sort of come off it recently, but I’m trying to get back in it as I felt fantastic on it. Good luck 😉👍

• Posted

[color=#006399]New[/color]

[quote]Hey All, 

I just thought that I should provide you all with an update on everything. So I met with an Allergist to discuss my symptoms and she is not worried from a allergy stand-point. She agreed to do the Mast Cell Activation blood and urine test as a precaution though she feels that my symptoms do not fit the profile. My most recent blood work Vitamin E, Cereal Allergy Grain Test, Mold Test, Basic Metabolic Panel, MMA Test, Thyroid Tests, Endoscopy/Colonoscopy, and many endocrine relatated tests... all have come back normal yet the wonderful symptoms still persist. I am going to meet with a functional doctor on Monday and just pay out of pocket for it. It is expensive but many people have recommended the office to me and if they can at least point me in the right direction, I'll be happy. Does anyone have any further insight? 

Thanks All![/quote]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.